Kawasaki Motorcycle Forums banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
hi everyone, i have a kmx 125 2 stroke.

It was all running perfectly untill one day i went to start it up and it started for a few seconds then cut out, now everytime i kick it over it just backfires. I have checked the spark and it seems ok, i have cleaned out the carb and it seems ok, i took off the exhaust and looked up into the exhaust hole and the cylindor and piston seems ok, checked the exhaust for blockages and exhaust pipe is fine. i have ran out of things to try, can anyone suggest anything???

·
Registered
917 Posts
When this happened to me on a different bike it turned out to be a weak stator (spark).

Also it may have flooded for some reason. Remove spark plug and kick it over like 10 times to try to clear it. You can also check for weak spark during this time but after like 5 kicks first to clear excess gas.

·
Registered
917 Posts
I replaced the entire electrical from a running bike and it started right up. Basically it would run until warmed up, then cut out, start right up, run for 2-5 minutes then die, repeat. Then I took it home and it never started again.

You can replace just the stator ignition coils, not the whole plate. You have to solder the wires back in place.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.