Kawasaki Motorcycle Forums banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
3,047 Posts
Depends on how much time you will spend on it. I doubt that the 200 engine will just bolt into the 125 frame without any modifications.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Kmx 200 into 125

I run the verry bike!. cannot help with mechanics as i purchaced it off ebay. But seams to be ok. If i can help in any way give me an email.

·
Registered
895 Posts
straight in with no probs, the kmx125 and the kmx200 frames are as near as makes no differnce identical, i'll post a picture of my 200 in a 125 frame

·
Registered
895 Posts
No, mine cannot be put on the road again, stolen recovered - no engine OR frame numbers all I have is the police ones but it goes fine on or off road as I have tried it deliberately to test its acceleration.

·
Registered
895 Posts
also if you do have the 200 engine in the 125 frame it is worth getting some heavier forks like the ones off a kx like I have because the 200 engines power shreds the seals after about 20mins of aff roading.

·
Registered
3,047 Posts
also if you do have the 200 engine in the 125 frame it is worth getting some heavier forks like the ones off a kx like I have because the 200 engines power shreds the seals after about 20mins of aff roading.
How do you figure that the engine's power tears the seals in your forks? If you are constantly going through fork seals, then your fork tubes are scored or pitted, causing the seals to get torn up.

·
Registered
895 Posts
It must be something to do with the engines power because I never had the same problem before I fitted the 200 engine and the forks are in virtually perfect condition apart from the seals.

·
Registered
3,047 Posts
Unless you are riding it so fast now that the forks are constantly bent backwards, the engine isnt what did it. If the fork stantions are perfectly smooth, then you need to check the triple clamps. The forks are probably twisted.

·
Registered
895 Posts
that might be it, but its loads better with the heavier forks on, its handles jumps better.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts