Kawasaki Motorcycle Forums banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Kmx125 wont start!! HELP +more problems

my kmx 125 wont start, iv just got it off a mate cheap, it has a good spark and very good compression!
but when he had it he set the carb on fire but put it out stright away but the fuel pipes were no good! can someone tell me where the pipes go
also i think fuel is coming out of the overflow(so im told), could this be why its not starting
hope you understand
thanks

·
AZ's Official Mechanic
5,201 Posts
sounds like carb rebuild time or atleast cleaning time. fuel coming out of the overflow is a sign of stuck needle/seat or float level being way off.
i take it your talking about the fuel line that goes from the carb to the tank ? there will be a 1/4-3/8" brass looking port on the carb body and that is where the fuel line goes, same on the pet**** on the tank.
good luck

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
sorry forgot to let ya no, i sorted it earlier 2day, thanks anyway for the help, i cleaned the carb out and the cap on the side if the engine that says kips on it was leaking petrol so i took it off and there was only half a gasket on it :? so i made one out of card
then bumped it n it started started
only problem now is that i need a throttle cable as its melted and sticks on so if anyone has one or knows where i can get one, plz let me know
thanks
scott

·
AZ's Official Mechanic
5,201 Posts
not positive what the KMX converts over to model wise for the usa (KDX i think)
i would agree it will be one cable for ya. should be the same as yours.

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
yea it is one cable as iv took it off today
and its called a kmx in the uk
wots the difference between the kmx and kx? has the kx got shorter gearing

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
i tryed startin it today but it jus wasnt startin? this is what it was like before but i bumped it then after i cut it out it would start with the kick
anyone got any ideas??

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
tryed agen 2day n it wudnt start so my m8 pushed me as i was bumpin it but it still wudnt start so i pulled the throttle, wiv a little cable i put on bout 10cm long then it started
and after it started i put the throttle back 2 normal n it was ok so i cut it out n it kicked up fine
could this jus b cos of the cold weather or summit serious

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
there isnt a choke, theres just the cable hanging out but i can pull it
ill c wot its like when iv got the throttle cable
thanks for all ur help uv bin gr8

1 - 14 of 14 Posts