Kawasaki Motorcycle Forums banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
79 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am considering buying a front disc lock from Kryptonite and just wanted a bit of insight to if they're any good.

They can resist 10,000 pounds of pulling force and 20,000 pounds of cutting force.

Sounds good to me, but I just wanted a bit of insight first from you, the experts.

Hehe, thanks alot for your help.

·
Registered
79 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Hey, thanks alot guys. Thanks for the input, I think I will be going out on Tuesday and definitly go buy one. After my bike being stolen the other day, it opened my eyes. I parked my bike in the driveway every night for a year and a half until this.

But thankyou guys. I'm going to get one, asap

·
Registered
412 Posts
I bought a Kryptonite New York Disc Lock 3000 new, still in the box off of ebay for $35.00 + $8.00 shipping. You might want to look on ebay.

Joe

·
Registered
2,159 Posts
Kryptonite cable

They make a cable too! If you want to keep teh bike and not have someone just back into the driveway with a trailer and haul it away you may also consider it and have an anchor in the ground so that you can keep it from being lifted!!!

·
Registered
458 Posts
If you want to chain it down, use the Fuggetaboutit chain. If you get the 5 foot one you could chain it to an object or another bike. Look at the Kryptonite site. They have a lot of options. Depends on the money you want to spend.

FWIW

I park my bike in the garage, but chain it down with the NY lock and the chain. I use the anchor system they offer, anchored to the concrete. I take the lock with me when riding.

Going someplace not so nice? Wrap the chain around your waist and chain the bike to a lamp post. Make it hard for these azzholes and they move on.

·
Registered
79 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Hehehehe, thanks guys. I went on Ebay and say the Fuggetaboutit chain and the NY 3000 front disc lock combo. That sounds pretty sweet. 10,000 pounds of pull force and 20,000 pounds of cutting force. I think I'll place a bid on this one. I think the starting price is about 135 dollars, but I can't put a price on security right now!

Thanks!

·
Registered
458 Posts
ZX-6RR Ninja said:
I think the starting price is about 135 dollars, but I can't put a price on security right now!

Thanks!
Check around on the web at Denniskirk and Cruisercustomizing and others. Those two ship free to the U.S. for anything over $100.

YOU are closer to Denniskirk than I am. :lol: :lol:

1 - 11 of 11 Posts