Kawasaki Motorcycle Forums banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
47 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey all I highly recommend these!!!!!My bike almost got stold today but luckly i had these on the disc.And i come out and seen the guy messin around so me and 3 other guys grab him slammed him on the ground and waited for cops to come.One thief down :lol:

!!!!!!Props to the Kryptonium Shackles!!!!!!!!!!!!

If i didnt have these on my bike would have been gone

·
Registered
380 Posts
One less thief is a good thing... glad to hear they worked for ya!

Thanks for the info...

·
Registered
182 Posts
Good job on getting one of the bike stealing bastards put away.

·
Registered
47 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Well what i was told from the cops was he was on probation to begin with.
But charges was Atempted Theft and Class D Felony....They also think the same guy stole 3 other bikes and was checkin his residents to see if he was storing them there.

·
Registered
2,159 Posts
THEFT

Happy that your system worked. We have STUPID laws here in Kansas. Seems that if someone is taking gas out of one of my 300 gallon tanks (farm) that I cannot do anything but call 911 and wait for the cops, and write down the discription of the vehicle, people and get a tag number. I can't detain (with a gun, flatten tires, or stand in front of the car/truck, yell at them or confront them) or I can be charged with attempted assault, battery or worse. STUPID LAWS!!! So to avoid SOME thieves, I have an old truck parked in front of both tanks gas and diesel. I have the tags reversed on tehe tanks diesel and Ethonal Gasoline...and it's cool that at least I have messed up several cars and a truck that way...Kansas has been my home of permanant record for 51 years now and the laws are BS...I'm ready to move to Texas, or someplace, where you can defend yourself...

·
Registered
456 Posts
Re: THEFT

ZX-2R said:
I have the tags reversed on tehe tanks diesel and Ethonal Gasoline...and it's cool that at least I have messed up several cars and a truck that way...
Switching the tags is a wonderful idea! I love that one!

There was a guy in Miami years ago who had a regular thief coming into his house through his gable vent. The police wouldn't do anything about it. So the guy wired the vent to 220 and electrocuted the thief. Then the guy was charged with murder, and convicted, as I recall. What a world we live in! He should have just disposed of the body instead of calling the police.

And it's just plain crazy that if a thief is on your land and you detain him, that you are charged with assault. What's he there for, to sing you "Happy Birthday?" Come on!

Curt

·
Registered
57 Posts
There is a lot of sad stories like that where the law fails.

I know this is way off topic, even off topic from the whole thief thing, but I guess it must somehow pertain. It was on the news a little while back.
There was this lady that married a man and they had 2 children, 2 boys. All was perfect for them until they realized that their father had a terrible, terrible disease(genetic, I think). I can't remember the name, but it essentially would slowly make his body decay until he was just bedbound and being fed through a tube, all the time while his brain was able to function, but he was soon unable to speak. This continued on until his heart eventually stopped working.

The sons went through all of the horrors of watching their dad die in one of the worst ways possible. However, this disease is passed on through genetics, so it is more likely than not that both boys will get the disease as well in their mid 40s. They talk to their mom and say they don't wanna go through what their dad did and if they do, "kill us".

So skip forward a few decades and the boys start developing the same symptons. They slowly begin to lose their muscle mass and are soon bedridden. The mom holds off for a miracle, but then sneaks into their room with a gun and shoots both of her sons to put them out of their future misery.

Here is this woman who has lost EVERYTHING she has ever had. I don't know how much it takes to kill your own 2 children and I will never know, I just know that woman had it. This woman is now completely alone as the disease has killed her entire family.

Where do we go from here? Murder charges are filed against her. The reason? Police say "it is a slippery slope, if we allow this, who knows what could hapen in the future?"

I hate when people are completely unable to discern the ludicrous from the true.

Blah. :shock:

·
Registered
456 Posts
That's a tough one. Murder is still murder, and it's still illegal. But that's still a tough one anyway.

All this discussion about theft really has me thinking about a silent alarm for my Ninja. I've been thinking about the idea for a while, but all this talk really makes me want to do it. If someone's messing with my bike, an alarm might scare him off. But a silent alarm would be even better. That makes it more likely for him to get my bike, but it also makes it more likely for me to get him, and I'd rather get a thief than save my bike. Not everyone feels that way, but I do.

An ideal system would be something like this:
1. Alarm is triggered by shock, tilt, voltage or amperage change, fairing removal, etc.
2. Alarm calls remote (small and inexpensive "family radio" walkie talkies can send GMRS signals up to 5 miles away)
3. Alarm sends GPS location to remote.
4. Remote also has GPS so you don't need a GPS map handy.
5. Find the bike, get the thief, and hide the body.
Curt

·
Registered
47 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Wow All This Is Crazy......

When we slammed this guy down and held him till the cops got there.The cops praised us for beeing good citizens. :) Maybe i should slam people more often. hahahahah J/K

·
Registered
2,159 Posts
AS BATMAN

I still wear the bat, but have given up the cape while riding. Seems it detracts from the outfit by blowing in the breeze and it's a hazard around the tires and wheels! I like the criminals of the city to clearly see nothing but the black bat on my yellow riding outfit. Still after all of these years, the criminals fear the bat. Batman!

·
Registered
142 Posts
take this...may it serve you well.

memphis is a mecca of thievery. i've witnessed judges laugh and give these criminals slaps on the wrists. i have a rather intiminating husky who saved my bike. his pants leg were left on the fence. nonetheless, it's so bad now, i have to ride my bike up a ramp into my house because of this bull#@*t. slam away. fulltilt.

·
Registered
19 Posts
Advise from a cop!

Ok this is the real deal guys. You have to keep in mind that when you slam someone there is a good chance that they will sue you if they get hurt. Even if they are in the commission of a crime you are still not allowed the slam them. I have seen locals grab some knuckle head and hold him down until the cops show up only to be sued because they hurt his back. I’m not saying just let the guy take your bike, but be careful when beating the **** out of the guy.

Below is a picture of what I did at Ft. Stewart. I work in NATO now.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts