Kawasaki Motorcycle Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Howdy, I have a 1974 Kawasaki KS125, it's my father-in-laws and we are trying to resurrect it after sitting for 20 years. Just started on refurbishing and need to track down the rubber boot that connects the air filter to clutch housing/carburetor, or find an alternative option to get this part replaced or refurbished. I've scoured ebay and called half a dozen Kawasaki shops and it seems I won't be able to locate the part short of a miracle. Any advice would be appreciated! Thanks!!!!
Preview attachment IMG_20200518_203403.jpg

IMG_20200518_203403.jpg
5.6 MB

·
Registered
4,478 Posts
Do you have a part number? Partzilla has a cross-reference.
I have no idea what it looks like, but when nothing is available radiator hose or plumbing hose are usual options if it's cylindrical.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks for your input. I don't have the part number. A local parts store said they could get the a rubber boot in the same shape and diameter. I'll probably go that route and find a way to attach it to the carburetor/clutch housing somehow. There are three screws that go into a metal "gasket" attached to the boot. I'm not sure if I can cut it off the boot and rubber cement it to the new boot, or does that sound crazy? I've also had a mechanic friend tell me he can get a different carburetor that will fit this bike that can use an external air filter that will eliminate the need for the boot at all. Any thoughts about any of this?
Thanks for your time!

·
Registered
516 Posts
Is it item #25 you need? See link below. This will give you the part number. Click on the part number and then scroll down to "Related Fitment" and you will see that this item was common to a lot of Kawasaki 125's for many years. This is good news as this means you can likely find a used one if you keep an eye on ebay and other markets. You should also search out motorcycle salvage yards.

·
Registered
4,478 Posts
I mentioned Partzilla, expecting that you'd check out the diagrams. If it is the air cleaner connector, the link below has a pic of it. If you have the old duct, I guess you could cut off the end, then use radiator hose or something. 2 different sizes may be needed, then cut off donuts. Rubber cement isn't a bad idea, but I would probably try a good stainless steel band clamp (not a worm clamp). maybe something w a T-bolt. or maybe cement plus a clamp.

KS125 Duct

·
Registered
6 Posts
Do you have a part number? Partzilla has a cross-reference.
I have no idea what it looks like, but when nothing is available radiator hose or plumbing hose are usual options if it's cylindrical.
may look ad try to find the entire bike for parts

1 - 7 of 7 Posts