Kawasaki Motorcycle Forums banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi,

I am looking for feedback from anyone who has installed Kuryakyn's bullet lights on there bike - especially Meanies. I am thinking of replacing the stock turn signals front and rear and require your knowledge to help me out PLEASE.

First which is better for daytime visibility - LED or Halogen bulbs?

Second if anyone has the Fire and Steel lightbar from Kawasaki like I do, which size of bullets worked best for you? Small or large and why?

Third and perhaps most important what type of hardware did you use to attach to the Meanie forks? Did you go with P clamps or Two piece fork mounts? Is there a reason one works better? ON the rear did you use strut mounting bolts available or just drill out the marker light bracket?

Also what size in mm are the 2003 Meanie forks for ordering the proper sized hardware to fit? I see a lot of reference to HD but not Mean Streaks on line.

Has anyone installed the MBW LED amber light tube in place of the norma turn signals? Is it worth the money? Are they bright enough to be seen in daylight?

Thanks for your valued feedback once again to all who are kind enough to post a reply.

·
Registered
487 Posts
I've had both the halogens and leds. The leds are WAY brighter.
I bought the front fork brackets off of a valkarie which are a tad bit bigger than the meanie fork of 43mm. I just used some gasket material to shim the difference. I had to have a special washer/cap made where the light mounted to the clamp.
on the rear, the lights used to be mounted on the strut but moved them to the bracket where the rear reflector used to be.
my lights are set up to be run/brake/ turn in the rear and the brake flashes three times when you apply the brake. I would highly recommend this setup.

good luck, keep us posted.

p.s. my front fork brackets were really expensive and would not recommend it.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts