Kawasaki Motorcycle Forums banner

1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Registered
141 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Is anyone using the Kuryakyn Swingwing Footpegs on their Meanie or Other Vulcan? If so how do you like em? Thanks, Mel

·
Vulcan 800 Classic
292 Posts
I accually just installed these on my bike..... I have yet to ride with them thou, as there is snow everywhere here right now....

If you need or what any other pics let me know!

·
Vulcan 800 Classic
292 Posts
I guess the top pic doesn't want to post for somt reason, so you'll have to click the link....
or maybe i can post it on this one

·
Vulcan 800 Classic
292 Posts
But anyways I think they'll be great, basically i have 3 to 4 different spots to put my feet up intead of 2 like with the stockers... also when closed they give the feet almost like a mini floorboard.... They open very easy, I bet i could open and close these going down the road, its would be no harder than fixing my jeans on my boots.

Let me know if you need anything

·
Riding daily
4,688 Posts
Those are nice looking! If I didn't have the floor boards than that would be my next choice.

·
Vulcan 800 Classic
292 Posts
i just wanted to bump them for meaniemel

·
BACK ON TWO WHEELS
13,542 Posts
Put the switchblades on the wifes bike, they work good too!

·
Registered
141 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Thanks for the response derag2. Is the arm that swings out pretty rigid? I am thinking they are. Look great on your bike. Think I'll go ahead and order me mine. I'll post up with pics when I get em on. Mel

·
Vulcan 800 Classic
292 Posts
The arm that swings out have quite a bit up play in it when locked but I don't think its gonna break. Thats one thing im gonna look at is ways to tighten that up a little big which i think we will pretty easy. Don't forget to order the Adapter for those pegs, also one thing i did was with the adapter where it mounts to the bike. Is take some washer and put one on each side of the adapter when you put the pin back in that really makes it more solid. Im thinking I can do the same with the swinging arm part to make it have no so much play but still easy to swing open.

·
900 black custom
178 Posts
man now those are sharp. i was wondering if i could make up some floorboards for my custom for those long cruises, but i know what i am going to do instead. thanks guys

·
Registered
1,161 Posts
The arm that swings out have quite a bit up play in it when locked but I don't think its gonna break. Thats one thing im gonna look at is ways to tighten that up a little big which i think we will pretty easy. Don't forget to order the Adapter for those pegs, also one thing i did was with the adapter where it mounts to the bike. Is take some washer and put one on each side of the adapter when you put the pin back in that really makes it more solid. Im thinking I can do the same with the swinging arm part to make it have no so much play but still easy to swing open.
How have they been holding up? Any durability issues? Pro's and con's?

·
Vulcan 800 Classic
292 Posts
So Far so good on them, I havn't put a bunch of miles on them but what I have I like them. I tightened up the play in them with some washers which helped alot. I think there great.

·
900 Custom Newbie
128 Posts
i've been looking at these too. Would give a bit more 'stretch' to the legs when out in the open. I think it's a must buy :)

·
Registered
1,161 Posts
So Far so good on them, I havn't put a bunch of miles on them but what I have I like them. I tightened up the play in them with some washers which helped alot. I think there great.
Did you use washers to shim the pin at the mount or did you shim the pivot pin at the swing out extension ?

·
Vulcan 800 Classic
292 Posts
I used them where they mount on the bike, I couldn't get any to fit where the extension swings out.

·
Waiting out the WI winter
801 Posts
Now I'm stuck trying to decide between these or going with a highway bar and pegs, I like the look of highway bars but these seem like they would be a great low foot position without having to reach too much.

·
Registered
13 Posts
Great pics on this, Derag2.
Been looking at these to put on my 95 vn800a
They look great .
Since its been a while since anyone has posted to this thread.

I was wondering how they are holding up.
And you mentioned you can open and close them
while riding. Do they lock closed?
Can you swing them out with your toe and then they lock
into place or do you have to push the lever in, then swing them out.
I noticed that you have to push the lever to close them.
on a youtube video but it didn't show them opening.
Nice azz seat by the way.

·
Year Round Rider
203 Posts
?'s

Do they lock in position, someone said they could open going down the road, how do they release? I really like the look open and closed.

·
Vulcan 800 Classic
292 Posts
You have to pull the lock to open and close them, but It can be done. Not the safest thing to do while riding but I have done it myself.

1 - 20 of 26 Posts