Kawasaki Motorcycle Forums banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi everyone, I got my GPZ750 up on the road now, but thats a long story.

I've recently bought a little KV100. Its in pretty poor shape and the main problem is that it has no spark.

I replaced the coil and the spark plug and cleaned/adjusted the points.

I couldnt figure out if it would run without a battery, so I went and bought one. Im not 100% sure which wire goes where. There are a lot of loose ends simply because the tail light etc are missing.

I havent got a wiring diagram to go on, but I do have a G4TR manual, which is similar...

Does anyone have a link to this models workshop/service manual? I'd prefer to save $30 than purchase the Clymer.

Pics to make the thread popular :smile:

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks but that forum wasnt much help either. Im using a wiring diagram off a G4TR, but Im not sure if there are some differences...

Heres the wiring diagram

Here are the actual wires near the battery :eek:

Where should the red positive lead of the battery hook up to?

And is this the regulator/rectifier?

And here is my GPZ750A1 wiseco with a crap healight on :D

·
Red is Faster
1,237 Posts
sorry, can't help with the wiring problem. sometimes if you bump your thread back to page 1, that one person that knows may see it.
also i had to tell you that is a GREAT looking GPz!

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Thanks, I found the previous owner had done some weird wiring and now have spark!

I went to put on the left engine cover again, but seem to now have what appears to be the entire set of gearbox cogs accidentally fallen out...

Er... do I put them back in the order I found them?

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.