Kawasaki Motorcycle Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
775 Posts
Wow. It looks like quite a hack job. A wiring diagram won't be much help because very little of this is standard. In particular the black box with red, yellow and blue wires going to it. I have no clue what that is. When you take the points cover off, what does it look like inside?

I would go on manualslib dot com and download a service manual. It will have a wiring diagram and troubleshooting info. I am wondering if the bike has been converted to some kind of electronic ignition. Have a look under the points cover and peek through the slotted holes on the flywheel to see if the ignition points are still there. Post a photo if you can.

·
Registered
4,501 Posts
It helps to mention the year. The wiring on a mini-bike isn't going to be very complicated.
youtube videos can be helpful. sample search >> KV75 wiring. One guy shows a good, clear wiring diagram in his video. I didn't watch
the whole thing, but his vid was looking pretty good on how to wire it up.

Also, the diagrams at Partzilla might be of use & sometimes NOS wire harnesses can be found on EB.
EB pics can be of use in figuring out stuff.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
It helps to mention the year. The wiring on a mini-bike isn't going to be very complicated.
youtube videos can be useful. sample search >> KV75 wiring. One guy shows a good, clear wiring diagram in his video. I didn't watch
the whole thing, but his vid was looking pretty good on how to wire it up.

Also, the diagrams at Partzilla might be of use & sometimes NOS wire harnesses can be found on EB.
EB pics can be help in figuring out stuff.
Thanks for some good ideas. It is a 1978 model.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts