Kawasaki Motorcycle Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am difficulity starting my quad in cold weather. Using choke the bike will start, but must badysit the throttle until the bike is warmed up which takes up to 15mins. If I try to move the bike before then she stalls. I have tryed the idle adjustment to no effect.

·
Registered
30 Posts
Just take off easy, for a few mins. If the oil isn't warm, it doesn't lubricate any way. I have a 360 too. I don't have much of a problem with this situation. Maybe you are really anxious to ride :lol: I hope you enjoy yours as much as I do mine 8)

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Cold weather starting

Thanks for the responce 5sting. I don't concider myself an anxious rider. I always allow my bike to warm up and start easy. My problem is when I start the bike I can not leave it until it is warm. I push my bike out of the shop, start my bike then go and suit up which works great in the summer. But with the problem I am having in the winter; its taking 30 mins or more minutes before the bike and I are ready. The rest of my riding crew, with other kaw models or makes are sitting around.

Outside of that its an outstanding Bike, one of the better handling Bikes out there and will recommend the bike to any one. The others I ride with, loves how it handles, some are concidering on buying one for its handling. I ride with 17 others.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Cold starting

Hi guys. You'd be surprised how much an aftermarket jet kit will improve cold weather starting as well as throttle response, even with an unmodified exhaust. They're pretty cheap and easy to install for single carb bikes too. :)

·
Registered
4 Posts
I agree with ryans dad, the jet kit helps in cold starting, I just installed one about 2 weeks ago and my 360 runs & idles much better; also check for proper exhaust valve clearance. When that is out of spec she will kill alot when you stop quickly.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts