Kawasaki Motorcycle Forums banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi guys...

We stepped my son up from a 85 to the 100, but the 2001 KX100 we got needed a cylinder. We've decided to repair the bike and sell it as he's probably more sized to a 125 than the 100..but I need to repair this 100 to sell it. I'm going thru the whole bike, so who ever buys this bike will literally have a new bike...whatever its needing its getting.

Back to the cylinder...I found an 2002 KX100 cylinder for it, but the seller is stating that a 2002 pipe wil be needed for the cylinder to work on the 2001. Now I checked the fiches on BikBandit and can see no differences in either the cylinder or pipe part numbers...though there is an A added to the part#...that suffix could mean anything...a slightly revised cylinder possibly..

Does anyone know if the 2002 cylinder will drop right onto our 2001 without needing another pipe....the 01' we have has an FMF pipe on it so I'd like to leave it on to be able to sell.

Thanx for everything in advance guys..

Tom

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Can it be...

That the exhaust ports on the 2002 and up cylinders are larger in diameter than the 2001 and down? Meaning the 2001 pipe will fit into the 02' cylinder, but an 02' pipe will not fit into the 01' cylinder?

Someone emailed me that the differences in the exhaust ports measures close to .030....so the 01' pipe would fit into the 02' cylinder but I'd have to make up the .030 differences in either new larger diameter o-rings on the pipe or a high temp silicone to make up the differences in sizes.

Can anyone confirm this?

Thanx again
Tom

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.