Kawasaki Motorcycle Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am returning to the off-road bike sport after several years out. I just sold my XR250 because it lacked the zip I had when I was riding a KDX.
Now, I am considering what to buy next. I am reading that the newer KX250s have a lot of low to midrange power and I know the KDX220s are going to be good. I was wondering which of the two bikes would be the better for general off road use?
I plan on general trail riding and mountain trails. I am in the 200 lb range.
How about some opinions on the bike choices?????????

·
Registered
1 Posts
KDX220R VS KX250

If your just getting back into riding again, but want someting fast and made more for off road use, go with the KDX220R. The bike hauls for being an off road bike, the best 2-stroke off road bike out there. :D

·
Registered
191 Posts
if you want a general off road bike have you thought about a 4 stroke? I like riding my drz in the woods because i dont have to be concerned with fouling plugs if i just want to cruise. Which isnt a huge problem but it happens. Also the traction is better unless you put a good flywheel weight on a two stroke. I keep 2 strokes for the mx track and 4strokes for trails.

for general riding id get the kdx between the two if your not gonna see an mx course

1 - 3 of 3 Posts