Kawasaki Motorcycle Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i just fitted a new barrel and piston started it up and after 5 mins ticking over it siezed . i checked barrel and piston and there fine. so i took out the clutch and basket and the surclip that hold in cogs for the the water pump wasnt there so im thinkin that it mynt of found its way into the crank. i took off the fly wheel cover and tryed to turn the crank from there and it did but was quite stiff . but now my problem is i dont no wich way up the engine needs to be to split it and get the crank out . so any help would be very helpfull

·
Registered
10 Posts
Your lucky the cylinder is still good, I recently put a big bore on a kx85 that I bought not running, I feel lucky it didn't throw the bottom end out yet.

I have a spare engine and don't see how the circlip for the crank gears could get into the crank bearing. It may have crushed between the gears and threw the crank out of alignment.

As for fixing it, you should get a manual, a crank/gasket/seal kit, and the proper case sealant. And be sure to find every last piece of that clip.

I did a bottom end on an RM80 when I was 13, no manual either. It's not that difficult, yet 25 years later I skipped out on doing it to the KX I just built.:???:

·
Registered
10 Posts
When you actually split it the left side is up because the splitter pulls on the stator mount bolts.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts