Kawasaki Motorcycle Forums banner

1 - 20 of 30 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Helping a friend that just acquired a KX100.

Before we can ask a few questions about it, I suppose we should be able to identify it to you all.

How do we go about finding out what year it is?

After we get that info:
Service manual type info does not appear to be available on the internet.
Or I'm not searching well.
Any suggestions as to where to look on the web?

And
Is eBay a good place to get a service manual for it?
Any other recommended places to purchase one?

Thanks

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
motodemon172 said:
the year is the 10th digit in the vin# on the frame.
Thanks for reply.

Can you save me some time hunting around for the VIN#? Where on the frame should I be looking for it?

kawah1c said:
Post the numbers.
The VIN numbers, right?

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
kawah1c said:
VIN, frame#, engine#. Anything you can find might help.

Will do soon. The bike is not handy at the moment.

Are you familiar with this bike? Can you describe where to look for these numbers?

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
kawah1c said:

Looked around on www.kawasaki.com a bit.

Found this:
"You will find the VIN on your Kawasaki motorcycle on the frame's steering head, just below the handlebars. It is stamped into the frame and printed on a white label applied near or on the steering head."

along with a picture at
http://www.kawasaki.com/SITE/VIVEHICLEINFORMATION/VIIDVinHin.asp?ref=�=

so that is where I'll be looking. If anybody cares to visit that link and post back here and confirm that info applies to the KX100, that would be great. :)

For engine number, also found
http://www.kawasaki.com/DefaultFrame.aspx?strContentUrl=/SITE/VIVEHICLEINFORMATION/VICHOOSEVEHICLE.ASP

and followed it to a .pdf file that said,
"right hand side of crankcase, below cylinder base" on one year
and
"right hand side of crankcase, below carburetor" on another.
Only looked at a couple years. Looks like they put the engine number in the same place over a few years - that'll probably be enough for us to find it.

Again, if anybody wants to post back here to confirm that the info I've found is correct - that would be very good.

As far as frame number - haven't found any info on that yet. So if anyone has any comments on that, please post.

Thanks

Looks like it will at least be tomorrow before I can get the VIN and engine number, then I'll post them here.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
kawah1c said:
No, I'm not familiar with the KX100. I have a manual where I can figure out the year by the numbers.
Ok. Understood.

It won't be today. Maybe tomorrow, maybe the next day.

Thanks

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
kawah1c said:
No, I'm not familiar with the KX100. I have a manual where I can figure out the year by the numbers.
VIN JKAKXTB17TA015924

Engine KX100 BE003759

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
motodemon172 said:
the year is the 10th digit in the vin# on the frame.
Uh-oh The tenth digit, as it was given to me, is the letter T.
Does that mean that the VIN was copied down wrong?

·
Registered
47 Posts
SO its not the tenth number its whats stored on someones data base...thats retarded to do it that way but I have to wait till the weekend my bikes with all the other bikes by a friends house..easier to transport in the back of his truck when where heading out.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Code Year Code Year Code Year Code Year
A 1980 L 1990 >>> Y 2000 <<<< A 2010
B 1981 M 1991 1 2001 B 2011
C 1982 N 1992 2 2002 C 2012
D 1983 P 1993 3 2003 D 2013
E 1984 R 1994 4 2004 E 2014
F 1985 S 1995 5 2005 F 2015
G 1986 T 1996 6 2006 G 2016
H 1987 V 1997 7 2007 H 2017
J 1988 W 1998 8 2008 J 2018
K 1989 X 1999 9 2009 K 2019

·
Patriot Guardian
28,016 Posts
SO its not the tenth number its whats stored on someones data base...thats retarded to do it that way but I have to wait till the weekend my bikes with all the other bikes by a friends house..easier to transport in the back of his truck when where heading out.
Resurrecting a year old thread for this? :rolleyes:

·
Registered
1 Posts
Hi im wondering if you can help me, im not so good with bikes as ive only been riding for a few weeks but ive got a Kx 100 and i was reading the other threads and people were having problems trying to find out the year of their bikes, well im having the same probleem and i was wondering if you could try and find out the year of my bike.

Ive got a number which i found underneath the carburetor its- KX100 CE001053 i also found a number on the right hand side of the steering stem its JKAKX100CCA001042
hope this will help.
matt2k8Kx100

·
Registered
2 Posts
I know this is a well old thread but am struggling to determine the year of my kx 100 as the only number I can find only has 12 characters not 17 as mentioned should they all have 17 or is the number normal kx100b-003127 and number on engine kx100be001041

·
Registered
2 Posts
It's a 1993 model confirmed by 2 dealers today and also found a site that explains it they didn't change much from 1992 to 1997 so hard to tell

1 - 20 of 30 Posts