Kawasaki Motorcycle Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Another old dirt bike guy
566 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am only interested in personal experience from KX100 owners that have tried the FMF fatty or the Pro Circuit Factory pipes. Please be honest, if you have a PC and it didn't do much let me know, or vise versa. Did it help mid, did it help top, etc...

I am after a good woods pipe for my son. Many guy's tend to make blanket statements like "Fatty is more low end and the PC more top end" But I know for a fact that this is not true on all models of bikes.

So let's hear who has tried which pipe on their KX100, and what the results were, please .

BTW this will be going on a stock engine.

·
566 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Has anyone used these pipes on their KX100?

·
Premium Member
1,239 Posts
I know what you mean...way too often people generalize with those pipes. Each model application could be very different.
Just out of curiosity for testing purposes,I have just ordered used ones off ebay for 1/2 the price of new,...just to try it then sell them later.

I have no experience on the kx100.

·
Tree Magnet
393 Posts
Griff, the only reson I haven't responded is that we have only used the Fatty. Seemd to broaden the power a little. The combination of it and Vforce reeds REALLY made a difference.

·
566 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Dave,
Did this help the off idle and low end throttle response? Is it enough to justify the money spent?
Thanks, Griff

·
Tree Magnet
393 Posts
I don't really remember how well the pipe alone improved low end...the reeds definitely made an instant difference. I was patient and bought the pipe on ebay for $60.

·
566 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Thanks for the input fellas.

·
Registered
9 Posts
This might help. I have a 2000 kx80 with pro-circuit works pipe and 2000 kx100 with the fmf gold series. I tried switching the pipes yesterday and there was barely a difference on the 100, on the 80 the pc seemed to work a little better. It's strange b/c my sister and I used to have yamaha blasters and I had the fmf she had the pc platnum pipe and the pc pipe was much better, much better! It's ok she has the better pipe b/c I sold mine and got a trx250r :) to answer the question on the dirtbikes there was a minute difference.

·
Registered
407 Posts
I am after a good woods pipe for my son. .
With this being said, skip the pipe buy a flywheel weight, and add 2 teeth to the rear sprocket. This will make FAR more usable fun friendly trail power than a pipe. NO pipe is going to make a KX100 better in the woods. This coming from a rider who has ridden trails, MX and ice for the past 23 years.

·
Registered
3 Posts
I am only interested in personal experience from KX100 owners that have tried the FMF fatty or the Pro Circuit Factory pipes. Please be honest, if you have a PC and it didn't do much let me know, or vise versa. Did it help mid, did it help top, etc...

I am after a good woods pipe for my son. Many guy's tend to make blanket statements like "Fatty is more low end and the PC more top end" But I know for a fact that this is not true on all models of bikes.

So let's hear who has tried which pipe on their KX100, and what the results were, please .

BTW this will be going on a stock engine.
i have ridding kx100s for 3 years now and the best pipe set up i have ever had wa fmf fatty and fmf shorty! i race cross country so i use bottom alot and found this gave me every thing i needed! and if you have a little extra money i recconmend the vforce 3 reeds and a 10 ounce fly wheel wheight!

1 - 10 of 10 Posts