Kawasaki Motorcycle Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
hi i got a kx125 recently and it is a 1987 model. i want to know if u can have two rad scoop plastics on it. one side (radiator side) has parts to screw in for it. the other side does not. i have seen some pictures with two rad scoops on it. is it possible to do the same? or will i have to use a sort of glue or something

thanks in advance

james

·
Registered
6 Posts
The KX125 didn't have two radiators until 1990. Any older liquid-cooled version only came with one radiator, so if you feel the need for a second radiator scoop for looks, you would have to come up with some way to mount it. Are you wanting it just for looks?? I would think that it would be better to be less restricted on the right side.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
yeh thats pretty much it. it just looks a bit odd on its own. the guy said when he sold it there was a rad scoop missing. he must hav been a bit stupid but i didnt know but thats the main reason yes.. thanks

·
Registered
6 Posts
Hmm. If you need two radiator scoops/radiators, you could donate that '87 KX125 to the JasonWho Home for Wayward and Homeless Dirt Bikes, then go get a 1990 or newer KX125. :)

Check www.buykawasaki.com for the parts microfiche diagrams. Go on the left side of the screen and select VIEW PARTS DIAGRAMS.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts