Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Well, 2 months ago i bought a crappy 2001 KX125. :cool:

The day i bought it.

Later at home.

So the tear down began...

Parts in plastics bags:

New: piston, ring, engine gaskets, clutch discs, spark plug, radiators, radiator hoses, water pump impeller, shift lever, clutch lever, front brake lever, rear brake hose, clutch and throttle cable, front number plate, side plates, fork covers, fork seals, brake pads (front and rear), chain, both sprockets, chain rollers, chain block, Monster Energy graphics & seat cover, seat foam, rim locks (both), swing arm bearings, wheel bearings... i think that´s it.

Work done: Complete tear down, frame painting, wheel hubs painting, swing arm polish, forks, engine complete tear down inspection and rebuild, and LOT OF CLEANING and putting it back together.

The final result:

Hope you like it. :biggrin:

·
Registered
39 Posts
:O That is beautiful. I can only wish I had the money to do something like that. lol most I can do is tear down, polish, paint, fix broken parts, throw back together and repeat fix broken parts several times.
But seriously. Amazing work.

·
Registered
5 Posts
greatjob

just had to tell you what an amazing job you have done it looks bloody great can you please tell me what you had to do to the engine if anything and why.again great job you must be very proud of yourself well done. kwakadad:smile:

·
Registered
5 Posts
greatjob

just had to tell you what an amazing job you have done it looks bloody great
.again great job you must be very proud of yourself well done. kwakadad:smile:

·
Registered
2 Posts
what years will fit for my bike

I have aa 1999 KX 250 and my rim cracked the other day when i was ridin iv been looking on ebay for a already laced wheel but they dont have them for my year. i was wondering if a different year will work with my bike or li0ek a kxf wheel.

·
Registered
407 Posts
Milestone Ranch MX Park, Inc. is located in the Riverside area of Southern California between the 10 and 60 freeways.

Our address:
12685 Holly Street
Riverside, California 92509
Now we have a spam troll who want's to plug their buisiness.

·
Dirt Bike Dad
144 Posts
very nice , that bike looks sweet. I am looking at doin the same to my kx250, just wondering what the final cost was?

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
very nice , that bike looks sweet. I am looking at doin the same to my kx250, just wondering what the final cost was?
Ok..
It was like $600 in all the parts (Babbitts for the OEM and Motorcycle Superstore for the aftermarket ones).

$200 in paint+labor

Another $200 in labor for the engine and suspension stuff.

Maybe another $100 for miscellaneous

The bike was $1000, so the final cost was like $2,100.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Well, 2 months ago i bought a crappy 2001 KX125. :cool:

The day i bought it.

Later at home.

So the tear down began...

Parts in plastics bags:

New: piston, ring, engine gaskets, clutch discs, spark plug, radiators, radiator hoses, water pump impeller, shift lever, clutch lever, front brake lever, rear brake hose, clutch and throttle cable, front number plate, side plates, fork covers, fork seals, brake pads (front and rear), chain, both sprockets, chain rollers, chain block, Monster Energy graphics & seat cover, seat foam, rim locks (both), swing arm bearings, wheel bearings... i think that´s it.

Work done: Complete tear down, frame painting, wheel hubs painting, swing arm polish, forks, engine complete tear down inspection and rebuild, and LOT OF CLEANING and putting it back together.

The final result:

Hope you like it. :biggrin:

·
Registered
1 Posts
Bike looks sick!! I'm trying to get mine to look the same having trouble fing the graphics and seat cover any info would be helpful

1 - 18 of 18 Posts