Kawasaki Motorcycle Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
hi new to bikes and also this forum, just got an 89 kx125, was told to cange the gear oil, can someone please tell me how and what type of oil and how much to put in, thanks for any help.

·
Registered
9 Posts
call any kawi dealer and ask what weight the oil should be, example: 10W30 or 10W40 for most bikes, then under the motor is a bolt probibly around a size 15mm. take that off and oil will start to pour out. ( run the bike for about 3 min before doing so to loosen all the old oil up.) once it has all drained. go to the oil cap on your bike probibly near the kick starter, then put however much the dealer tells you to. Good Luck. hope i could be of some help.

·
Registered
3,047 Posts
Run ATF type F, or a motorcycle specific 10w-40. The amount of oil needed will be stamped on the case by the oil fill plug. I believe it is a little over .9 liters.

·
Registered
9 Posts
hey man

ay yurfatmom, you got any pointers for me to get some more power out of my 125. i have a fmf fatty on it, should i re-jet the carb? or anything with the gas?...btw what is the normal gas ratio for a 01-kx125, any help would help thx in advance.

happy holidays

·
Registered
3,047 Posts
If you want some more power, get a Boyesen Rad valve, and get a port job done on the cylinder. Unless it doesn't run right, there is no reason to re jet it. If you run a synthetic 2 stroke oil run it at 42:1, run the regular stuff between 32:1 and 40:1.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts