Kawasaki Motorcycle Forums banner
1 - 20 of 23 Posts

· Registered
161 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
say my sleeve isnt damage much on my bike

do i put the same size piston and ring as in bike already?.

im not sure on ebay iv seen 97 wiseco piston kits some have 2 rings some have 1.

could i get number off motor to tell me or no?.

quick q:
i seen some dumb *** before try sanding sleve with nothing pro at all, bike still had powerband but first wasnt the best probly bad for bike to right?.

· Registered
161 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
im going to upload pics soon here.

ya i was reading up on different kinds of sleeves steel etc i read up just recently someone saying that wiseco pistons arnt best replacement besides oem & this guy is talking about the kind of sleeve not being good to replace but i heard others say u can its fine right, what you think?

example::

"Mate..I hate to tell you this, but if you've got a std cyl (still electrofusion), Wiesco pistons are not the go.
They SHOULD be ok, but for some reason they don't get on.

KX125 - Just replaced piston, now has no compression [Archive] - Kiwi Biker forums

example:: "Wiseco Pistons need double the piston to bore clearence than OEM pistons. - In anything.

We always hone nikasil plated cylinders.

We always use Wiseco Pistons - BUT use rings that are matched for Nikasil or Steel sleeves."

hes even saying you need a certain kind of ring

· Registered
161 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
ill check my manual maybe it will tell me what my sleeve is? im probly gonna buy wiseco piston anyways is it even worth checking up on it? i just dont want it to damage my bike worse than it probly already is!!! , cause i wanted to put standard piston in without boring it out, i didnt bore out last bike that i rebuilt dang i had old scratches on top of piston bike still ran great, how bad is it to not bore it what are the problems that come with that?.

My bike being old the piston has prolly worn down sleeve.
Well thats what im thinking right i seen a cheap one on ebay.

I read the # on side of motor, it said 54.5 is that to do with piston or is that my sleeve?.

cause the piston i saw for cheap said 54.50 i thought maybe there same :(.? i thought match them up ahh iunno...took a stab at it

· Registered
161 Posts
Discussion Starter · #26 ·
I hope for his sake he doesnt take the whole thing apart just to find out the rear brake cylinder is seized.

I dont think anyone mentioned that yet cause it is such common sense to check that first. But i think he said the rear wheel rocked back and forth a bit
my wheels move... my back one moves... i got piston cylinder off... i can see crank is seized.

· Registered
161 Posts
Discussion Starter · #27 ·
ok so you took the cylinder off and found out it was ok.

can you move the crank by hand now?

so the problem is in trans, clutch side, or stator side
here my vid...

YouTube - mine.MOV

wont move up and down i thought it was spose to spin in circle...

sorta...

i forget to mention anybody know any tools to join cases and get crank out things like that, cause i seen someone do it without those tools...messed up saying that in vid...

· Registered
161 Posts
Discussion Starter · #31 ·
only thing you will need is a flywheel puller and the rest is pretty easy splitting the engines cases,sometimes the crank is tight in the main bearings so get yourself a rubber hammer so nothing gets damaged it you have to tap it out,get some new main bearings and seals and get the crank rebuilt with new rod kit,just take your time and pay attention to detail and you'll have a good strong motor that will give many happy riding hours,goodluck and keep us posted how you get on

thanks for the positive words bud.

yeah i seen a friend rebuild the motor with no tools, but then again i seen him leave marks in the cases spliting them with a flathead or w/e..

but i have to say even tho he had his faults, the guy built my motor for nothing, i got the parts( yeah he bagged me to let him rebuild it cause he loves motors) but i have to say he did a good job..

just wish i still had the bike

· Registered
161 Posts
Discussion Starter · #32 ·
how can i get by the crank installing tool, and case splitter

i know it can be done cause iv seen it done without any of these tools, but could i do it right? and if so can you throw in some tips for me..

gonna show u guys better pics of my motor parts, i was gonna order the tusk crankcase splitter... should i? id rather get the hot rod kit, and piston kit...first hehehehe...

such a good deal on the rod kit i want it SO bad... gonna grab that right now , now that i think about it :)..

just gotta get a friend to order it for me, and make sure i got the shipping and all that correct so i cant get ripped off, dont really got any friends i trust sorry to say, makes me sound like a pz of **** but what can i say truth hurts.

· Registered
161 Posts
Discussion Starter · #34 ·
I just lay the motor on its side and hit the crank with rubber mallet while holding one case half. Would be easier with 2 people. I never pry the case halves apart with a blunt object.

Freezing crank will help with install, just like freezing bearings b4 installing them.
what was your tools list bro?.. i got a card loaded im about to start ordering some stuff i was wondering which tools YOU think i should buy to rebuild this motor.. i got a 100$ right now

· Registered
161 Posts
Discussion Starter · #35 ·
I just lay the motor on its side and hit the crank with rubber mallet while holding one case half. Would be easier with 2 people. I never pry the case halves apart with a blunt object.

Freezing crank will help with install, just like freezing bearings b4 installing them.
do you use a case splitter is my main question, be clear im a lil st00000pid.

· Registered
161 Posts
Discussion Starter · #37 ·
1 - 20 of 23 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.