Kawasaki Motorcycle Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My KX 250 has had a new clutch basket fitted - Talon.
When all assembled the clutch nut cannot be torqued up as then the whole thing just binds and the clutch and basket do not spin independantly.
I had to loosen the nut off and just pinch tight for it to work, however this is just working loose of course.
I have checked over and over for anything incorrect or not fitted, but everything by the book is in place and correct.
Any help please!!!!!:icon_frow

·
Registered
561 Posts
If you have all the washers in the correct location then I would suspect they sent you the wrong basket. I would contact them about your problem and see what is wrong. Did you put the rear gear on the back of the basket correctly? Also did you bake the basket in the oven at 350 for 30 minutes and then drop or press the smaller gear into the center hole of the basket? If it's not in all the way then you will have issues.

·
Registered
186 Posts
There was recent issue, where somebody had a problem like you have described, as I recall the resoloution was the gear wasn't fully seated in the basket and when tightened everything bound up.

FPMXer, I see you found a 98 kx 250, that was probably the sweetest motor, subsequent years they de-tuned them because most riders couldn't handle them. If you need more, go wiesco flat top.

·
Registered
561 Posts
FPMXer, I see you found a 98 kx 250, that was probably the sweetest motor, subsequent years they de-tuned them because most riders couldn't handle them. If you need more, go wiesco flat top.
That is what I ordered. The ports in that cylinder are like none I have ever seen in any smoker cylinder. There is alot of casting flash that is going to be cleaned out and then a minor polishing will also be done before she's all buttoned back up.:mrgreen:

·
Real Men Ride Rockets
201 Posts
I just put a hinson in mine froze the kick stater gear overnight. Then put the basket in the oven at 450 for 10 minutes the thing popped in easy. Put it backed together torque the nut let the loctite dry for 24 hours before filling with gear saver. It runs like a new bike, but with a way better clutch basket.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts