Kawasaki Motorcycle Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
731 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
just took exhaust of my 96 kx250 and had a look at power valve from there theres a little flap inside the head in the middle does anyone know if thats supposed to open when u open and shut power valve rod i can see the 2 valves at either side of this flap movign and there really free but the flap is kinda loose but wont move up and down is this normal thanks

·
Registered
731 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
any ideas they look clean enough so im not gonna strip it if i dont need to just need 2 know if that flap is supposed to move or not

·
Real Men Ride Rockets
201 Posts
The flap is suppose to move when the power valves open and close.

·
Registered
731 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
any idea what would stop that flap moving even tho the power valve rod and valves move no problem

·
Real Men Ride Rockets
201 Posts
Sounds like you have carbon caked up in there. The bad thing is something might have broke off because of it. I would at this point drain the coolant and pull the head and check the power valves rings, and piston.

·
Registered
731 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
i just rebuilt the full bottom end with new piston and rings etc so there all ok it was just someone told me 2 have a look at them before i get bike goin again

·
Real Men Ride Rockets
201 Posts
Did you not check or clean power valves when you did new top end? That should be done everytime you do new top end.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts