Kawasaki Motorcycle Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i am new to two strokes and have a couple issues i could us help with first off bike is a 93 kx250 it wont idle after initial cold start took carb off and cleaned no change tried playing with idle screw no change there is another screw with a jamb nut(throttle stop???) is turned in all the way and makes no difference no matter where you try to set it next bike seems to run ok when you keep it moving misses a bit in mid range at constant speed alot of oil coming from pipe connector some smoke any ideas help greatly appreciated

·
Registered
917 Posts
Turn air screw all the way in. If it still doesn't idle, then you need a larger pilot jet. Probably rich in the mid range (most bikes are), if so, raise your needle clip until it clears up.

I use radiator/band clamps hose to seal the pipe/silencer where they connect.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
i was looking at an online pic of carb the big screw with the lock nut they refered to it as a throttle stop is this the one you are talking about it has nothing behind it just a tappered end

·
Registered
917 Posts
No. When I typed air screw, I meant air screw. Apparently, I should also refer to pilot jet as a slow jet, but it is commonly known as a pilot jet.

Next, no one knows what kind of carb you are refering to because you left out just about every detail possible and you provided no pictures. Seems to me you need to do some reading about carb parts and how to use them.

Go here and look at number 17 and 10 on the bill of materials:
http://www.sudco.com/Diagrams323728/exppwk.gif

·
KX power
90 Posts
whats your mix??? what are you using and whats the ratio...and are you getting it all wound up before you try any of these fixs..get a bit of info from the previous owner if possible and figure out what ya got first..thats a start anyway..

1 - 6 of 6 Posts