Kawasaki Motorcycle Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Full Circle Rider
1,611 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Might be returning to my roots here pretty quick. I've got an 07 KX250F in my sights and I'm feeelin' the need to get dirty!

Bit worried about bike size verses rider size though. I'm 6'1" and round about 240 right now, but I'm WAY down from my high of 285 a year ago. Lookin' to loose another 25 before summer gets here - so keep that in mind...

Planning on riding motocross style and looking to catch some air (but not stupid air - I am an old fart you know). Don't care for woods or tight trail riding, but love to blast on fire roads, jump berms, and pretend I'm young again. No racing planned (if I do then I'll buy another bike), but looking to wheelie the crap out of it. :mrgreen:

This will not be my first dirt bike, but it has been a very long time. Speed and power are not an issue on the street (note sig for street ride), and I'm confident my mind can control my throttle hand off-road (at least until I have enough practice time in). However, the 450 is significantly more bucks. I've got a SWEET deal on a new crate 07 KX250F. But they don't have any left over bikes in the 450's. As such the price difference would be HUGE as I'd need to go to an '08.

Question of course, is the KX250F big enough for a rider of my size or do I need to go up to the 450?

·
Registered
5 Posts
You would be happier on the 450. The 250 will haul you around but if you are going to have fun, the big engine will do more of what you want. Where did you find a new 07 in the Houston area?

·
Registered
11 Posts
I'm a litle younger and a little lighter (31, 6'2", 200lb), but my 03 KX250 suits all my needs... I freakin' love it... If it had wings I swear it could fly !!!! Now if you have the $$$ to but whatever sure get the 450, but the KX250 is an all around great bike. I'm not particularly familiar with the 07, but the 03 is practically race ready with nothing more than an fmf fatty w/ shorty silencer. GET THE 250, drop some weight (if for anything for your health), and email me in a couple months to tell me how right I was lol. Good luck !!!!!!

·
Registered
11 Posts
My bad (hence the "F") ! I'm still not used to all these 4 strokes getting all this hype. When I think kx250... I think 2stroke!!!!! But really though.... Your boy is right... 450 or 2 stroke.

·
Registered
59 Posts
i'd take a 250 stroker over a 450 any day. even with the fuel injection, i don't know. i just like that kick of a 2 stroke at around 10000 rpms. it's all personal preference though. and the $$$

1 - 8 of 8 Posts