Kawasaki Motorcycle Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
731 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
hi ive been offered a kx500 engine a 99 model i think does anyone know what kind of job it is fitting it into a kx250 96 frame and if it is possible

·
Registered
3,047 Posts
It is possible. You will have to modify the 250's frame to accept the 500 and I think you have to modify the exhaust to get it to fit. Look around on the web, I have heard of many of these concoctions.

·
Registered
2 Posts
It's possible, you will have to do a lot of fabrication. here are the steps for putting a 500 engine into a 99-02 250 frame.

KX250 Chassis With 500 Motor

also service honda sells a low boy pipe that's made for the kxf450/kx 500 conversion. you will probably have to "tweak" it a little to fit it in. but that seems to be the closest pipe available to the general public.

·
Registered
186 Posts
Yup, pretty easy conversion, the thread links to pictures of 1 of my 500's, most difficult is pipe and swingarm, pipe issue is solved with the purchase of a service kawasaki pipe, it's not a direct replacement like it's supposed to be but pretty easy to get to fit. that leaves the swingarm and I'm pretty sure it wouldn't be much of a mod job. Do it and you'll have one sweet ride.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts