Kawasaki Motorcycle Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
hello,
i'm a 41 yr old rider with my 1st kx500 here, bought the bike used 1 week ago. after checking the bike over and replacing all the fluids and filter, i took it for a ride.
everytime i find myself in a trailing throttle or mostly complete closed throttle, the enginne will pulse and buck 3 or 4 times before it will acknowledge the closed gas and mellow down. is the something wrong with my jetting or kips valve.?
any thoughts would be a big help here thanks for your time...joseph

·
Registered
5 Posts
ya i would say it sounds like the carb or the read valves my self. see how much a tune up would cost or if you know enough about the bike check the read valves out. maby its brocken? but go ahead and check all the other basic stuff as well. see that its all in good running order..

·
Registered
7 Posts
check that the throttle cable isn't sticking and that it closes all the way with the carb out so you can see if it is really closing, may just need to adjust throttle cable.

·
Registered
205 Posts
Most of the time it is because the idle screw is set too high and runs a bit lean and/or the jetting is wrong. I have a KX500, if you tell me your elevation, I can get you real close on your jetting. It is not the power valve!

1 - 4 of 4 Posts