Kawasaki Motorcycle Forums banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Dirt Bike Dad
144 Posts
By the sound of the description, you wouldnt have to do much work to it. Depending on your outlook that can be a good or bad thing. I would like to test ride it and if it sounds and goes well, then yes its worth it. That 500 is a beast and would smash almost every other bike out there.
Ask yourself the question: Do I want to ride this bike, or work on it? You can easily burn 3k in parts for it.

·
Registered
917 Posts
Looks like a lot of money was spend on it and it looks clean and well takin care of. You never really know until you ride it and they you dont know what goin on on the inside of the motor.

It is not stock original. It has been entirely dismantled.

·
Registered
407 Posts
$3K is definately the high end of money for any KX500 , granted that bike is extremly clean. Clean KX500's generally bring around $1800-$2300

on a side note, I can't understand why people feel the need to run an expensive, automotive type K&N filter on a dirt bike. Those K&N filters work great until they are exposed to, and trap WATER, then your engine won't even run from lack of air...

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
well 3k is what i was curios about seemed kinda high. my dilima at this point is that i want a bike that will climb hills, however not to many places in my area that actually have hills to climb from what i have seen. i weigh about 150 so maybe the kx250 would be a better choice. but i also hear that kx500s are a ***** to start sometimes.

·
Registered
407 Posts
i weigh about 150 so maybe the kx250 would be a better choice. but i also hear that kx500s are a ***** to start sometimes.

I weigh 155, and all's you need to know is a few tricks, and starting a KX500 is NO problem, however, if you don't know the tricks, then yes a KX500 is a PIA to get lit off !

1 - 14 of 14 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.