Kawasaki Motorcycle Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
360 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I know this is something we really don't think about when it comes to off-road bikes, but I'm wondering if anyone has a rough idea as to how far one can go with a KX60.

The loop we ride is 18 miles, I'm considering carrying a quart of pre-mix with me the first time around just in case my daughter runs her new-to-us KX60 out of gas.
Or am I being paranoid?

The tank appears to hold right around 1 gallon, I don't think it has a reserve, so you run out, you're pretty well stuck till somebody comes along with go-juice.
If it's likely to run out before say 20 miles, I'd much rather start looking for a larger tank now than when I need it next spring. So if someone has some suggestions on bigger tanks, that too would be appreciated.

Thanks.

·
Braaaaaaaaap
383 Posts
I'm wondering the same thing. I migrated from a TT 125 4 stroke to a KX 80 Big Wheel. I know it uses more gas, and the tanks smaller. When I go out and ride with friends, we go out for at least 2 hours. I know if they take a quad, I can have them carry my 1 gal jug full of gas. Could you maybe do that for your daughter? Or are you on a dirtbike?

·
Registered
360 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I'm on a dirt bike, so is everyone else. Fortunately, I'm on an old enduro that has a tool bag. I plan to take a quart of pre-mix in an empty oil container in the bag just in case. I think she'll be just fine on the loop we do, but I'd rather have it and not need it than have to go back and get it.

Rumor has it, we both should be fine, but I'd bring some the first time or two to be sure and keep an eye on your mileage when you do abandon the jug because you think you're ok. As the rings and stuff wear out, fuel mileage changes.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts