Kawasaki Motorcycle Forums banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
407 Posts
I want to change to a 14 tooth front sprocket on a 03 KX65. I will be leaving the rear sprocket stock (47 tooth). What size chain should I buy for this setup?

If your rear axle is currently placed near the rear of the adjustment slot, you "should" be ok using the chain you already have. Just loosen the axle and adjusters, and push the wheel all the way foreward. Adding 1 tooth larger sprocketis not going to be difficult. Just make sure you have the correct chain slack adjustment after you install the 14T sprocket. If your axle is already foreward, now you have a problem, as your chain is too short, and you need a longer chain. Keep in mind, adding a 1 tooth larger will cause your bike to accelerate slower than stock. I am guessing you are trying to get more top speed? If you are a heavier rider, you might actually end up loosing top speed from stock. Gearing outcomes have MANY variables to consider....

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.