Kawasaki Motorcycle Forums banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi, I have a problem with my kx, It was running fine but all of a sudden the engine died, after which I realised that the oil was low. The bike still rolls in and out of gear, is it just the kicker thats seized?? If so, how can i fix it?

If anyone can help it would be fantastic.

·
Registered
3,047 Posts
You probably did more damage than just having the kick start seize. If the engine died when it happened, you probably fried the whole tranny.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
The bike was only tickin over at the time not in gear could it still be the gear box??

·
Registered
3,047 Posts
If you merely running the engine and it did that(not in gear), you probably fried the engine. Make sure to answer 2strokes question.(about mixing)

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Pretty sure the mix was fine... 32:1 is factory I think. 5150ml of petrol 160ml of 2 stroke is how i done it.. The engine seems fine as it rolls when in gear and clutch in, does that mean the pistons still moving??

The kick start moves about 2 inches before stopping, seems like its hitting a wall...

·
Registered
3,047 Posts
In that case, something must have dislodged and caused the kick start to bind. Your best bet is to take the side cover off and figure out what is wrong in there. That is not too hard to do, if you are patient.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
ok, I've got a friend who knows more about mechanics than me, he is going to have a look tomorrow.

I've heard a few tales of a spring coming loose inside so hopefully its that, thanks for the feedback, I'll let you know what happens..

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
I've got it sorted now, was just the kick start jammed, my mate got in running in less than a minute :)

Thanks for the feedback 2stroke and FatMum, much appreciated

1 - 12 of 12 Posts