Kawasaki Motorcycle Forums banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
hi
i have a friend that restaure motorbikes and he is finishing one that cames from françe and all we know is that the moto was a race motorbike in the year 1978 and79
what i would like is if some one know who makes this preparation in 1972
best regards thank you and good rides:wink:

Attachments

·
Registered
72 Posts
hi
i have a friend that restaure motorbikes and he is finishing one that cames from françe and all we know is that the moto was a race motorbike in the year 1978 and79
what i would like is if some one know who makes this preparation in 1972
best regards thank you and good rides:wink:
Don't know kinda like an elr.. I wonder why the forks are backward ?

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
hi
in the bigining when we start the restaure we think that was a geneau but in 1978 the motos that he built doesn`t have the "indicator of petrol"like these e put circular
thanks for the help

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
hi
i didn`t say ,but i`m from portugal my language isn`t english and i have some difficultyto understand some of your wildcards so please if you want to help me ,speak in simple english please
thank you
best regards

·
Eddie Lawson is God!
5,683 Posts
Godier Genoud were the French importers for Kawasaki for many years. They also fielded SEVERAL other bikes in the Bol D'Or (Where my OTHER bike gets its name)

For those who WEREN'T a factory trained Kawasaki mechanic when the earth cooled (or set up their thirty year old bike out of the BOX) those calipers, being positioned AHEAD of the fork leg is CORRECT.

RC, welcome to the forum and your English is alright. Don't worry about it.

·
Registered
72 Posts
Godier Genoud were the French importers for Kawasaki for many years. They also fielded SEVERAL other bikes in the Bol D'Or (Where my OTHER bike gets its name)

For those who WEREN'T a factory trained Kawasaki mechanic when the earth cooled (or set up their thirty year old bike out of the BOX) those calipers, being positioned AHEAD of the fork leg is CORRECT.

Your Bike is nice . I never seen calipers like that. So I guess ELR is talking about me..

·
Registered
818 Posts

I was thinking endurance bike when I saw that one. Your comments about the Bol D'Or verify that. The basic bike wasn't legal for the GP classes and superbike didn't exist over seas yet. Had to run some other sort of racing.

I am kind of surprised they didn't swap the legs to get the calpers behind the fork leg, slightly lowering the mass and getting it more on line with the steering axis. That was a common practice back around 1978 or so. Maybe it was for pad access and such that might be needed in endurance racing.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.