Kawasaki Motorcycle Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi,
Does anyone please have any advice or better yet, some photos of the correct route for the cluch cable from the bottom through the exaust pipes then the little hoop by the hooter and on up through the steering and instrument pannel.
Also my neutral light is not working:cry: Any tips?
Thanks in advance
:lol:

·
Registered
522 Posts
I'll try to find pics of the cable-routing tomorrow if i'm not beaten to it (bound to be :) )

As for the neutral-light if it's not the bulb then follow the light-green wire to the switch (behind the sprocket-cover), test the wire for continuity and then remove the switch and test for same or earth it on a known good point and see if the bulb glows.

·
Registered
11,328 Posts
I think the light bulbs are either #168 or #194 for the instrument lights.If the bulb is bad, I'd suggest while you're in there, to change them all(my bike has 9 bulbs in the dash or instrument panel).

LED bulbs are a low power alternative, but due to their size and configeration, may not fit inside the openings.

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Thanks, a tired bulb is of course the most obvious problem :oops:
Anyone got some pix of the clutch cable routing? Or a description :confused:

·
GHOSTRIDER
3,361 Posts
Thanks, a tired bulb is of course the most obvious problem :oops:
Anyone got some pix of the clutch cable routing? Or a description :confused:
It really doesnt matter exactly where you route the cable as long as it does not get bent in too tight of a radius and is free through full left and right turning extremes. You pretty much described the routing in your earlier post question. Behind headlight,through the triple tree and down the left cradle tube and clamped as far away from the head pipes as possible. Straight as possible with plenty of radius in the turns. If youve changed bars, you may have to shorten or lengthen the cable length to accommodate the bars.:wink: Youll most likely stay right of the stem unless its too short and then left of the stem and down.

·
Registered
11,328 Posts
Don't forget to lube the new clutch cable, some come with, others not so much.
The old way to lube was to make an aluminum cone and let heavy oil flow down inside the cable. Some riders either love or hate the type of cable luber that clamps on the end of the cable followed by a pressurized blast of lube from the supplied can in the kit.

·
Registered
462 Posts
Just route the cable down behind the handlebars and thread it alongside the frame and under the alternator. If your bike is original, it would have a couple brackets to hold the cables in place. The latest problem I had was the replacement cable was too short to route through the brackets. It worked ok so I did not send it back to Z1. Pull the light bulb out and check it with an ohm meter...chris3

·
Registered
11,328 Posts
When replacing any light bulb (especially the Quartz Iodine ones) have some rubbing alcohol handy to wipe off the finger prints. The Sodium in the finger prints will ceate a hot spot causing the bulb to fail early.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts