Kawasaki Motorcycle Forums banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
finally got the chance to look into what my brother inlaws bike is,
its a 82 kz 550c

he is a short guy (about 5' 4) so he is looking for a smaller bike( like a 250 rebel ect.) so I am gonna buy his bike off him and was wondering what they make as far as perfomance parts for the bike

stuff like drag pipes, better coils, cams ect.
my plans for mods are as follows, drag pipes, and bars, new paint (kawi green I think)
and just general stuff (k&n filters, jet kit)

any info would be great.

will try and get some pics up and soon as he either sells me the bike, or I come acrost a 1100 ltd

·
Registered
15 Posts
Well, coming from experience from owning a 1976 Honda CB750K, the pipes, cams, pistons, and anyother major engine parts will have to be custom made. Crane Cams made the cam for my Honda, there is a local shop here in Houston TX that did the pipes, and the piston were custom made from Wysco.

Now, as far as ignition goes, can't go wrong with a Dyna electronic igniton mated to a set of 60,000V Accel coils. I had this combination on my Honda before I tore her down to do the engine work and I had at least 10HP above stock with nothing else done to the bike! The Dyna ignition is auto-advancing too! Woke that bike up! But then again, for the Honda, anything was a step above the points-and-condensor ignition it had originally.

Not sure on the carb kits, I just got new carbs for the honda.

Hope this helps a little!

1 - 2 of 2 Posts