Kawasaki Motorcycle Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just purchased Keyster carb kits for rebuild on mukuni's (sp). My 77- KZ- 650 kawa has the carbs that have the air screw needle adjusters (located on the outside of the carb) and the O rings supplied with the Keyster kits do not fit. Does anyone have any idea where to get just O rings? Also, The reason I started the rebuild on the carbs was due to the necessity of keeping the choke on full in order for the bike to run, now with all new jets and a good cleaning, the bike still needs to be on full choke to run. any ideas :?:

·
Registered
4 Posts
Carb Rebuild

sinclairlaw

I don't know about the Keyster rebuild kit, but most kits will give you a selection of seals. I would go back to the selling vendor and verify that you have the correct kit. You may be able to get the o-ring through your Kaw dealer.

In regards to your running problem, could be a couple things. If you need the choke on it should be supplying a richer fuel mixture meaning that you may have a leak of air (a lean) condition. Check your mounting boots for crack on the cylinder side which would change your air fuel ratio. You can check this by spraying some carb cleaner around the area while looking at a tach to see if RPM's increase. If this is not the case, then I would ck your rebuild... how did you clean the carbs? Did you blow out all the passages ect.

Good luck.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
found o rings

local kawa shop had the o rings I was looking for. :D . I cleaned the carbs with good carb cleaner and an air supply. I will check the boots! thanks for the info.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts