Kawasaki Motorcycle Forums banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
HI EVERYBODY,,, I HAVE BEEN WORKING ON THIS POLICE KZ1000 FOR ABOUT A YEAR NOW,, IT WAS A POLICE BIKE WHEN I GOT IT AND I WANTED TO HAVE SOMETHING MORE SO I STARTED CHOPPING .. I REPLACED THE HEADLIGHTS AND TAILS LIGHTS.. PUT A SKULL ON TOP ON LIGHT , BLINKERS IN THE BARS, USED THE OLD FRONT FENDER AND CUT TO FIT THE REAR, I PUT STAGE 3 DYNE CARB KIT IN , 4 IN 1 PIPES, HOMEMADE SEAT, WITH REMOVEABLE BACK SEAT AND SISSY BARS. AFTER MARKET CARB FILTERS, NEW HANDLE BARS, SMALLER BUT STRONGER SHOCKS IN THE BACK. WELDED SOME HIGHWAY FOOT PEGS ON IT. AND CUSTOM PAINT JOB. THE SKULL ON THE TANK WAS A FOTO TRANSFER THAT WAS A PAIN IN THE BUTT TO DO. I AM GOING TO REPAINT THE BIKE THIS YEAR AND DO SOME POWDER COATING TO IT.. I AM A CUSTOM PAINTER AND DO SOME POWDER COATING ALSO. IF ANYBODY NEEDS ANYTHING DONE I AM THE MAN TO SEE.. I NEED MY TOP END REBUILT,, ONE OR TWO OF THE CARBS ARE BACK FIRING AND THE COMPRESSION IS LOW ON A FEW CYCL.... I ADJUSTED THE VALVES AND SYN THE CARBS.. IT IS STILL ACTING UP.. DON'T GET ME WRONG THE BIKE RUNS PRETTY GOOD , BUT I WANT IT TO RUN **** GOOD AND SMOOTH, STRONG.. IF ANYBODY CAN DO THIS FOR ME MAYBE WE CAN WORK SOMETHING OUT WITH A CUSTOM PAINT JOB OR SOME POWDER COATING.. I live in phenix city , alabama 5 miles from columbus, ga. area.. I will drive up to 150 miles from this location.. but I can do the postage option too. . OK THATS ABOUT IT.... THIS IS A PRETTY COOL SITE AND I SAY HI TO EVERYONE.... THANKS p

Attachments

·
07 900 Classic
586 Posts
I love it, the paint is exquisite. I would love to have a stock KZ1000 Police bike, but what you have done is realy great. A friend of mine has a civilian KZ 1000 and it is more bike than most V twins. Welcome to the forum. Pappie

·
Premium Member
400 Posts
Very nice, what did you do for a headlight? Is the front fork still stock?
I especially like how you retained the Police footrests, so the sharp eyed Kaw nuts can identify what you started with.

Greg58

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
the headlight is from 70's over and under square lights .. I have the other one and going to mount it later after i redone the whole bike again .. and yes those are the factory boots. the floor boards I am starting to like alot.

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
kz1000 custom parts for sale

I have my kz1000p parts for sale..tank , two side covers , rear fender, front fender, 2 short progressive shocks, solo seat, rear seat with sissy bar. these parts have a really cool custom paint job on them.. you can check them out .. I well sale it to anyone here too,, you can also see the parts on my bike and what they look like at this web site... PAUL'S CUSTOM PAINTING Home - PAUL'S CUSTOM PAINTING

·
Registered
12 Posts
Good looking Ride, I built a bobber, out of an old CB750 Honda, and rode it for a wile. but at my age I wanted something a little more comfortable LOL later Robbi

·
Registered
5 Posts
What kind/size of shocks did you use. I got some FJR shocks that dropped the back about 2 inches, but it's still not as low as I would like.

Thanks.

·
Registered
1 Posts
Man that's great! If you don't mind I have a ton of questions for you. I've got a 98 kz1000p I just picked up and I want to bob it but there is so much frame that I don't even know where to begin cutting lol. I was thinking just changing the stock solo seat would really help me ride closer to the frame but even that won't make a huge difference. I'm just confused as to where to start is my main question. thanks in advance!

·
Registered
1 Posts
Re: kz1000 custom parts for sale

I just inherited a 1990 KZ 1000P police and I'm starting to do some small adjustments to customize it.

I was having some trouble finding the right siszzy bar and back rest for it and i saw your post. Please let me know what you have in this are and maybe we can work something out.

Thanks,

Steve Z

1 - 15 of 15 Posts