Kawasaki Motorcycle Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi guys,

I'm trying to figure out if this swingarm really is from a early KZ1000. Anyone have a photo similar to the one below they'd be able to share? Thanks for looking

·
Registered
11,328 Posts
It must be a custom modification as I do not remember having a brake line run inside the swing arm. I had a 1977 Kz1000 for 5 years before trading for a 82 GPz1100 B2 model.

Except for the socket head cap screws(allen screws for those not informed), the custom axle, the non standard rear brake caliper and the brake line inside the arm, it looks about what it should(at least to me).

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
It must be a custom modification as I do not remember having a brake line run inside the swing arm. I had a 1977 Kz1000 for 5 years before trading for a 82 GPz1100 B2 model.

Except for the socket head cap screws(allen screws for those not informed), the custom axle, the non standard rear brake caliper and the brake line inside the arm, it looks about what it should(at least to me).
It's actually on a CB750, from what I can tell the mods include the new hardware, changing of the shock mount and the hole for the brake line. Just trying to verify what I should be looking for before I go dig through a stack of them at the wreckers

·
Registered
11,328 Posts
I've found that over time, a braided SS line be it fuel or hydraulic will act like a slow speed file wearing through itself and anything next to it.

It will cut electrical cables,abrade paint and unless it's wrapped in some spiral wrap, it's almost an unstopable force.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I've found that over time, a braided SS line be it fuel or hydraulic will act like a slow speed file wearing through itself and anything next to it.

It will cut electrical cables,abrade paint and unless it's wrapped in some spiral wrap, it's almost an unstopable force.
Hmm, thanks for the tip. I can get that locally so shouldn't be hard to use before mounting

1 - 6 of 6 Posts