Kawasaki Motorcycle Forums banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I NEED MY TOP END REBUILT,,ON MY KZ1000 P POLICE BIKE . ONE OR TWO OF THE CARBS ARE BACK FIRING AND THE COMPRESSION IS LOW ON A FEW CYCL.... I ADJUSTED THE VALVES AND SYN THE CARBS.. IT IS STILL ACTING UP.. DON'T GET ME WRONG THE BIKE RUNS PRETTY GOOD , BUT I WANT IT TO RUN **** GOOD AND SMOOTH, STRONG.. IF ANYBODY CAN DO THIS FOR ME MAYBE WE CAN WORK SOMETHING OUT WITH A CUSTOM PAINT JOB OR SOME POWDER COATING.. I live in phenix city , alabama 5 miles from columbus, ga. area.. I will drive up to 150 miles from this location.. but I can do the postage option too. thanks P

·
itching to ride
2,238 Posts
If compression is low you will may need to install new rings too. How tight were the valves when you checked them? It is possible you have a burnt or warped intake valve if it is still backfiring.

Also if you are looking for help from someone here in exchange for painting or other work you may want to post where you live. You do not have to give exact location if you do not want buy at least a major city you are close to. Then if anyone in the area is interested they can PM you or something and you can then work out the details.

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
thanks kawapaul,
I WAS JUST THINKING,, I AM GOING TO CHOP UP THE FRAME SOME MORE AND I AM GOING TO TAKE THE MOTOR OUT ANYWAYS.. I WAS WONDERING IF I could pump some air in the spark plug hole when the piston is at TDC and take the valve cover off to see if the valve is blowing the air out?? I have this adopter that well screw in the cyl.. so I can get a pretty good sealant.. if you think this may work , how much air presser should I use?? don't what to destory anything!!! thanks

·
Navy Vet Search & Rescue
8,849 Posts
Yep, not sure what I was thinking about when I wrote that but the brain clutch was not engaged at the time. I'm trying to get this bathroom remodeling job finished so I can head back home, so theres lots of other things on my mind lately. :redface:

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.