Kawasaki Motorcycle Forums banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

· Registered
63 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Ok! I'm cheap, Why is it that you buy smaller shims @ $10.00 each instead of thinning up the ones that you have? It seems like taking a mm or two off would be the answer?

· Registered
63 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Thanks for the replies. As for uniform, not that hard to do and you would only take material off the back side. It's 120 miles to the first kawasaki dealer and the only local bike shop didn't have any 29mm shims. I asked to see if it was a common practice or not. Have a great day.

· Registered
63 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
Glad to see some humor on this site. Checked with a small shop that said that he can get shims for $6.80 ea. and no shipping when he adds them to an order. I got two 1/4 ounce seals that cost 9 bucks last week and the shipping was $11

If you want to share some of that corn, I could use some help on the shim change.

· Registered
63 Posts
Discussion Starter · #26 ·
I 'll take you up on that! Been along time since I had a bite of the goods. Snowflake is right on your way to the valley, south of Holbrook. Cold here also 10* at night and to cold to ride days. Thanks for the z1 I'll check it out. Been fun guys and MERRY CHRISTMAS Dana

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.