Kawasaki Motorcycle Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi all - I have an 82 Spectre with two small issues: the tach doesn't work and both right turn signals come on but do not flash or cancel. Also the turn signal indicator light in the tach assembly doesn't illuminate. Are these problems related?

A little more info: the high beam indicator in the tach assembly does work, as does the backlight for the tach itself.

I have the service manual and have been trying to follow the troubleshooting steps but I was hoping someone could narrow it down for me. I am having trouble tracing back the brown power wire in the 6 pin headlight connector, which doesn't seem to be carrying any voltage. Thanks in advance.

·
Registered
116 Posts
Did you get this fixed? I have an 82 spectre, too. Some similiar but different electrical issues. I also have a 78 KZ 650, which had a myriad of electrical issues all focused around dirty and corroded connectors. I went through the whole bike and took the connectors apart and cleaned them with electrical cleaner. Only took an hour or two. It turned out to be one of the connectors in the headlight. Good luck!

·
Motorcycle Momma
839 Posts
Bobchak,

Welcome to the forum. I have a Spectre also....I love mine!!!! If the bike has been rode hard you probably need to replace the tach cable..they get old and brittle after a while.

Also check all of the grounds...if there is any corrision it won't ground properly.

Checking the contacts is right on the nose......send us a photo of your beauty.

Keep us posted!!!!!

Heather

1 - 3 of 3 Posts