Kawasaki Motorcycle Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just got a new bike with a kz650 motor, I’m having trouble figuring out which year the motor is from! And I’m having trouble finding new intake boots! The vin on the motor is kz650BE116920 but that has gotten me no results

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Also does anyone know where I can get the right dang intake boots? I’ve tried twice now and both times they were wrong

·
944 Posts
According to Cyclechaos the last year of production (1979) the engine numbers started at KZ650BE092001 but they don't provide an ending number. Based on the number of engines made each year, it is highly likely then that yours is a 1979. With that info, you should be able to find the boots you need.
Cheers

·
944 Posts
What also might help you is that the intake boots did not change during the entire production of the KZ650B from 1977-1979.

Is this engine installed in a bike other than a KZ650B? If so, it may not use a standard KZ650B airbox and the boots may not even be made by Kawasaki which would really complicate matters.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thanks for all the information! It’s actually a donor motor onto a beefed up dirtbike frame that i am restoring at the moment. Hopefully the third time is the charm and I get the right boots

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
I vote the hospital, drove it a couple times with the vac leak so I was only getting a fraction of the power but it was flying and spraying gravel in 5th. Thankfully I’ve beefed up the front and rear forks and suspension so that atleast can take the power

·
Registered
2 Posts
I just got a new bike with a kz650 motor, I’m having trouble figuring out which year the motor is from! And I’m having trouble finding new intake boots! The vin on the motor is kz650BE116920 but that has gotten me no results
Only place I look for my 1993 GPz 750 is eBay, purchased a set 6 years ago, and are still flexible:

1 - 10 of 10 Posts