Kawasaki Motorcycle Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
given the uniqueness of this year and model i want to make sure before purchasing that the parts can be available, even perhaps be able to switch and swap from different years and models of the kawasaki.
any insight on this would be very helpful and any general information regarding this specific bike is appreciated.
its an 83 kz750k, twin. i think they only made this model in 83, hence my worry for parts.

thanks

newton

·
Last 007 MOM
9,231 Posts
I'm moving your question over to the "Mechanics Corner" hoping you will get an answer faster.

·
The Cruising Gunsmith
1,459 Posts
given the uniqueness of this year and model i want to make sure before purchasing that the parts can be available, even perhaps be able to switch and swap from different years and models of the kawasaki.
any insight on this would be very helpful and any general information regarding this specific bike is appreciated.
its an 83 kz750k, twin. i think they only made this model in 83, hence my worry for parts.

thanks

newton
I can't guarantee, but it was my understanding all the 750 twin engines were very similar. I have a 1979 KZ750 B4 (twin) and when I was looking up various parts like pistons, rings, valves, etc.... the parts crossed to other years for 750 twins. I am almost positive they all use the same DOHC design with the extremely rare 29 mm valve shims over the bucket.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts