Kawasaki Motorcycle Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi, I’m getting some replacement fork tube caps custom made but I’m going to need to know the type of thread it is so i can match it. Does anyone happen to know this information?
my bike is a 1982 KZ750P
Thanks.

·
Registered
254 Posts
Your best bet is to send your cap to whoever is making the custom caps. If that is not practical then measure the outside diameter of the threads with a digital caliper or a micrometer and then measure the thread pitch with a metric thread pitch gage. Thread pitch gages cost between $5-$10. With the outside diameter and thread pitch info, any competent shop can make the threads you need. Hope this helps.

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Your best bet is to send your cap to whoever is making the custom caps. If that is not practical then measure the outside diameter of the threads with a digital caliper or a micrometer and then measure the thread pitch with a metric thread pitch gage. Thread pitch gages cost between $5-$10. With the outside diameter and thread pitch info, any competent shop can make the threads you need. Hope this helps.
hi thanks for your reply.
The guy I have making the custom caps actually asked me to find out the thread pitch. So maybe I might locate a thread pitch tool myself or take take them someplace else to make for me. Thanks again.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts