Kawasaki Motorcycle Forums banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi,

I'm the proud owner of the Vulcan Classic 1600.

It seems to me like Kawasaki isn't in to big a hurry to back this bike.

It's been out a few years now and still the list of accessories is piss poor.

Just go to thier web site and you will see tons of stuff for the other Vulcans but next to nothing for the 1600. I know the 500,750,800,and 1500 have been out a lot longer but the 2000 has more to offer in the accessories dept then the 1600 and it just came out.

No hot deals, sales, or variety is a kick in the a$$ if you ask me.

Plus the fact that they made just about every thing on the bike different fromt he rest of the line or oem makes after market stuff a challenge also.

Try and find a back tire for this thing with a wide white wall or a seat for that matter. Its not easy.

Sorry for the rant but I just don't feel the love from Kawi :evil:

·
Registered
101 Posts
You should turn this to something positive. Look on the bright side, you're driving a bike in it's own class with looks that nobody else has. Like a Honda Valkyrie. Actually I like to ride a bike which doesn't look like everybody else. Take Harley for instance. People tend to think even a Suzuki 650 Savage or some smaller Hondas look like a Harley. They can't even make the difference from engine noice (or from the cylinder amount) since all these aftermarket pipes are made for virtually every cruiser model. I haven't had anybody think my 1600 could be a Harley. Why? Because it doesn't look like one (or maybe it might have a Fatboy front end). And that's how I like things to be.

·
Registered
4,352 Posts
re

build it and they will come :p

parts will come - the 1500 has so many because its been around for
alot longer and it just now has everything it takes to really doll one up

what's really surprising is how many 1500 parts will fit our bikes and
even quite a few harley parts as well.i've even started to compile a list of
1500 parts that are interchangable but it takes a while to find owners brave
enough to try it out :lol:

we'll have to be creative: i noticed today the little brackets that hold the front side reflectors on the forks-perfect place to mount some driving/fog lights
and also the ugly black horn? get a chrome cover from the harley store
that fit a late model sportster,modify the bracket a little and BAM! nice cover
for the unsightly horn they stuck on :lol:

·
Registered
272 Posts
bikeaholic, won't you be my daddy :shock: :shock: :wink: :wink:

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Re: re

bikeaholic said:
build it and they will come :p

what's really surprising is how many 1500 parts will fit our bikes and
even quite a few harley parts as well.i've even started to compile a list of
1500 parts that are interchangable but it takes a while to find owners brave
enough to try it out :lol:

Oh, I agree with you hole hartedly there are a lot of the 1500 parts that will fit our bikes. What pisses me off is. ..... If you know it and I know it how come Kawasaki doesnt know it or make an effort to find out?

And I also agree that we stand out from the crowd. I like that to all though a lot of people or most ask "is that a harley?" or "Thats the road king right?"

I ususally just respond with No, this is bigger then a harley :lol:

·
Registered
4,352 Posts
re

i don't understand it either eddy- even in the factory cataloge they don't list all the
duplicate parts-they are missing the boat on access. sales :roll:

what they need imo is a RIDER in charge of aftermarket items instead of a bean counter :p
surley they must see the $'s spent on aftermarket parts-who keeps the bike stock?
if you want to count beans then offer some goods-i'm willing to spend for OEM parts and i
think alot of others are too!

if i ruled the world-things would be different :lol:

·
Registered
101 Posts
This comes in mind, as I (a part time motorcycle parts and equipment seller) see everything from air filters to break pads listed with several codes. Depending on what code you sell them, the price will vary quite much. For example a brake pad for a 800 Suzuki Intruder might cost about $30. That very same pad might fit a 1400 Intruder but the price could be $35 instead of $30. Now, this was just a example but dealers or manufacturers might not realize they're selling same stuff with different price and item codes.

In my opinion Kawasaki must know the 1500 parts mostly fit the 1600 also because of the same machines used manufacturing them. By having to make new phases in their manufacturing procedure, price on the new bike would become sky high. Maybe they also try to avoid people from thinking the 1600 is the same as 1500.

Oh yeah, at least the 1500 exhaust fits the 1600. I've got Nomad pipes on my scoot :D. Fills the "empty" left side nicely! Also tends to stretch the bike to look even longer when the pipes are long and low positioned.

·
Registered
4,352 Posts
re

hey rat- if your 36-24-36 and blonde,brunette,or red head i might be interested
but i gotta warn you- daddy's been known to give spankings if your naughty :twisted: :lol:

WHO'S YO DADDY!! :lol:

·
Registered
137 Posts
Well, Bike, I can say for sure that I don't want you for MY daddy!!! But I would vote for you for accessory controller for Kaw (I think ruler of the world might be to big of an endorsement at this time. No offense.)

Eddy, that line is great!! {I ususally just respond with No, this is bigger then a harley.}

·
Registered
272 Posts
davidsherrod said:
Bikeaholic- do you have a list of inter-changable parts that you could share?
Buy that man a beer :) :)

Once Bikeaholic get's his wheeles set up the way he likes it hopefully he'll post tons of pictures & a review of everything he's done & why 8) 8)

·
Registered
272 Posts
Re: re

bikeaholic said:
hey rat- if your 36-24-36 and blonde,brunette,or red head i might be interested
but i gotta warn you- daddy's been known to give spankings if your naughty :twisted: :lol:

WHO'S YO DADDY!! :lol:
Sorry I don't fit you're specs. However, I do have one hell of a strap-on & have spent more money on hookers (all overseas & was single at the time) than I'll ever admit to :roll: :roll: :roll:

One thing I can fess up to. Diet Bud was $7.50 a case of 24 longnecks & I always had 8-10 cases in the room & another 2-3 in da fridge :!: :!:

·
Registered
4,352 Posts
re

david- haven't really compiled a written list yet(too lazy :lol: ) but i intend to
the obvious things will swap out like mirrors,bars,controls,pipes(although only have 1
owner to confirm this),grips,signals,floorboards,fender(slight mod)-maybe if we get lucky kawi will do it :roll: they have been notified by someother folks about this and were told it would be looked into but so far nothing
with the harley stuff modifications are always made but not difficult and i suspect
much of the 1500/nomad stuff is the same way - i'll pass along anyhting that looks
promising :wink:

·
Premium Member
288 Posts
Bigger than a Harley

I think it's great that so many of us have used the "Bigger than a Harley" line. It's classic!! A variation on that is when someone asks me why I didn't get a Harley - I tell them I looked at the Harleys, "but wanted something a little bigger." People usually respond, "Wow!".

Yet another variation is my, "I got twice the bike for half the price" line. :D

·
Registered
4,352 Posts
re

david- i can't say that i know of one off of a different bike that would work but there may be
usually the turn signals become an issue either having to be shortened or moved
vertically - personally i'm going with the new kuryakn bar that uses the little halogen
bullitt lights :shock: -i really like the way it looks on the bike - i'm trying to locate it again
but i saw a bar that uses the same lights but they swept back behind the headlight
a little bit and it looked awesome(very different) makes the bike look fast when its sitting still
:p

·
Registered
458 Posts
Re: Bigger than a Harley

Freedom1600 said:
... when someone asks me why I didn't get a Harley - I tell them I looked at the Harleys, "but wanted something a little bigger." People usually respond, "Wow!".

Yet another variation is my, "I got twice the bike for half the price" line. :D
I know a few folks to use those lines on. :lol: :lol: :wink:

1 - 17 of 17 Posts