Kawasaki Motorcycle Forums banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Not so Newbie
248 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
We visit Lake Tahoe every winter with the family for a snowy vacation. Every year I say, "I have to come back in the Summer and tour this area on a bike." I finally got that oportunity when the wife and I took a trip out there a couple of weeks ago. I rented a Harley from the Reno NV dealer who is, conveniently, only a 15 minute walk from the airport.

I toured for a day and half by myself. My wife rode with me around the lake on another day. It helped a lot that I knew the area some because there are a lot of small, lesser known roads, to explore. The traffic was light because the kids were not out of school yet and the tourist season hadn't kicked in.

As you can see, the weather was perfect and the beauty is breathtaking. For any of you that wants to see more pictures you can go to Login to a private Photobucket.com album The password is tahoeguest All the photos were taken within an hour's ride from the Lake.

To those of you who live near Lake Tahoe....... I sure envy you!!

·
PColaFl V2K LT
3,224 Posts
How do you take so many pictures while riding? I guess you would have to just take your time and bakes lots of stops. I always have trouble stopping so much but I hate missing the photographic oportunity. really great shots.

·
Not so Newbie
248 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
How do you take so many pictures while riding? I guess you would have to just take your time and bakes lots of stops. I always have trouble stopping so much but I hate missing the photographic oportunity. really great shots.
It helped that I was traveling alone and not going very fast. I was surprised at the lack of other vehicles. The stops were peaceful and quiet....not counting the sounds of nature around you. The roads through the Edorado park I took real slow. Sometimes they narrowed down to one lane in places and the corners were blind. I really didn't expect it to be as nice as it was.

The Fatboy was a good choice because it got about 42 more or less miles to the gallon. It was very comfortable to ride. It did seem with the six speed tranny that I was downshifting a lot to stay in the power zone. My main ride is a Mean Streak so I'm power spoiled. The meanie would have been more fun on some of the twister parts but the fuel range would have been a big problem. I was very satisfied with the bike, overall.

·
Registered
324 Posts
Great pictures Mike, can't stop looking at them. Perfect for a Harley poster, maybe you could sell a few to em and help pay for the trip !!

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.