Kawasaki Motorcycle Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi, I’m doing a top end rebuild on my Lakota. I have a Clymer manual that calls for putting 3 o-rings on top of the head gasket. My rebuild kit came with them, but I’ve seen people do it without.
Does anyone know what your supposed to do?

thank you in advance for a response

·
Super Moderator
1,187 Posts
I cannot imagine why you would not install the o-rings. What reason do the people who don't install the o-rings use to justify this?

·
Super Moderator
1,187 Posts
What would be helpful is you could provide the year of your ATV. But I have looked at various Kawasaki parts diagrams and I don't see any that require an o-ring with the head gasket. Some earlier ATV models uses o-rings on the valve guides so maybe that is what they are for. What size are the o-rings?

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
WFO-KZ

Thanks for the response. I’m not sure the size of the o-rings. All I know is the Clymer manual called for it and they were in my rebuild kit. The picture in the book shows them on top of the gasket. It actually has a little raised like bevel on the holes that are supposed to have it. I just wasn’t sure since I’ve seen it both ways.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I decided to go with it since I was past that part of the build. Tonight I started it up for the first time. It was a success, no leaks!

1 - 5 of 5 Posts