Kawasaki Motorcycle Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Ok, so i have read all the information about the Bayou carb's getting replaced with the trx 300 carb from Wincycles. As you would imagine my 98' Lakota 300 has been doing the same thing as all the Bayous for several years: often leaks gas, idles fine but can't get on the throttle cause it will die, one day it runs good (very seldom!) next day it won't hardly run at all. So what about replacing the Lakota carb with the trx 300 carb? It looks as though it is very similar in design to the bayou and lakota carbs. The main concerns i have is will the lakota choke fit, will the carb fit into the rubber intake manifold and ofcourse will it run?
Has anyone done this? I sure don't want to dish out $400 for a poorly designed OEM carb.

Thanks,

·
Registered
3,787 Posts
Not sure what you want to accomplish. The carburetors on the Kawasaki ATV's, with the exception of the 400 built by Suzuki, are Mikuni and made by Honda.

It is purely an urban myth that Honda carbs work better, because they are the exact same unit! I am not sure how that fad got started, but sure supports continuation of the Flat Earth Society!

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I want to save money!!! I am looking for a replacement carb without spending $400. It does not matter to me if one is better than the other as long as they run. I would just rather pay $140 vs $400, if the honda carb would work.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts