Kawasaki Motorcycle Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Ride Naked ..
2,607 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i went with my Mate & Boss in his new 07 "Lambo", for a supercar drive through the Great Ocean Road & Deans Marsh Alt route yesterday "very twistie roads" . the Lambo is the 07 Galado & is equiped with super corsa tyres & paddle F1 shifter etc "600HP" , my Boss said i have to show you that a car can go as hard as the GSXR1000's / CBR1000RR fire blades that we sell , through the corners . i didnt believe him , i can say the Lambo went through corners so fast & insane i am in total shock :eek: . it held corners @ so fast speeds , that i just didnt think was possible in a car & the sound of the engine was just crazy . i must say it was a great exprience & good driving exprience with my boss , as we ussually ride superbikes not super cars . i am thankfull for the totally awesome exprience , the Lambo is a real drivers car & in my bosses hands its a real weapon on 4 wheels .. :cool:

·
Registered
570 Posts
My stock ZO6 is faster than a Gallardo on the straights and the curves (verified many times on Utube and various car mags) and it won't outrun a sportbike. Even now that its no longer stock, a sportbike is quite a handfull! 0-60 in well under 4 secs feels fast, but a liter bike (ZX10) is much faster.
I believe the Lambo is just over 500hp and well over 3400 lbs.....not a great hp/wt ratio for a supercar.

·
Ride Naked ..
2,607 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
^^
in the very tight corners we were driving in , the Lambo with its 4WD held the corners like a superbike & was very impressive indeed . it would have taken a good rider on a ZX10R etc , to have that sort of pace . i honestly didnt think a car is capable of going like a motorcycle in the corners , thats what amazed me i guess . but then when you consider a ZX10R gives you the supercar exprience & more for a fraction of the cost of a Lambo , it makes perfect sense motorcycles are just the greatest ..

·
Live Long & Prosper
556 Posts
Not a whole lot of us that will get the opportunity to take a ride like that. - Thanks for the post so that we can enrichen our lives - at least vicariously!!

·
Alien Test Subject
3,515 Posts
Many cars will out handle a ZX-10/Gixxer 1k, etc. in the corners. It's all about contact-patch and stability. A car just has a lot more rubber on the road, placed in a wider, more stable stance. Then, add in the fact that you can let a car get much looser, without fear of high-siding. Even my little Miata, though very underpowered by comparison, will surprise a few bikes through a tight set of twisties.

Look at lap times at most racetracks. The overall records are held by cars (even at 'club' tracks, where you don't get the really fast cars).

·
Millenium Vulcan Pilot
3,808 Posts
If you search Youtube you will find a Race between an R1 and a Turbo Porsche. I think it's the Top Gear guys, but I'm not positive. Anyways, the R1 leaves the Porsche from the start, but as the corners come, the R1 loses and the Porsche pulls ahead holding traction & speed where the R1 has to slow down. The R1 comes charging down the long straight again, but loses to the Porsche buy about a car length.

Onboard cameras show the Porsche holding its speed thru the corners while the R1 had to slow down, and he was doing some knee dragging.

If the Turbo Porsche can do it, the Z06 can probably do it too.

The Bugatti Veyron will actually embarass the R1 and Hyabusa at Highway speed acceleration runs. That car is awesome.

Of course you REALLY pay for that kind of performance from a Car vs a Bike.

I've only driven a Porsche 911 once, been in a few as a passenger, but the 911 in the twisties is one of the best rides you can ever take. It's a DRIVERS Car. Pure Emotion...:lol: oh yeah, did I mention I LOVE Porsche 911's? :lol:

1 - 6 of 6 Posts