Kawasaki Motorcycle Forums banner
1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Vulcan 900 Classic LT
151 Posts
I just bought a Victory touring trunk. It has a lot of room and looks real nice on the bike, does'nt have any lights on it but I have added two reflectors. Has key locks and very sharp looking. No rattles and has a leather exterior.

·
Vulcan 900 Classic LT
151 Posts
2 helmets easily fit. It mounts on my luggage rack with no problem. Two simple flat irons and 4 bolts, washers and nuts.
The cost new is $600.00 but I bought it from a victory dealer that had removed it from a new bike that was sold and taken off at time of sale for $300.00 and worth every penny I paid.

·
Doc, I need a road trip!
1,398 Posts
I have about $300 in mine without the paint.
I have the Leatherlyke trunk, fits in nicely with the nastalgic look of my bike, and has lots of room. You wouldn't believe the grocerys I can fit in it, and thats while I have a helmet inside too. It's lockable, and quiet too.

·
Live, Laugh, Ride
651 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
I picked up an older Voyager trunk complete and stock mount off of eBay a couple of years ago and fabricated up some brackets to fit my ole jalopy.

I can put two full face helmets in there and it has lights in the back.

That is one sweet looking Jalopy. One hell of a set up you have there.

·
IBA#34418
6,332 Posts
Well I am in the process of adding an older voyager trunk too. But mine doesn't have lighting. I am though, concidering some LED's maybe.

Yes I stole the idea from Nomadinator. Its out for paint now.

Mine came off an 85 model voyager. I had to fab up my own bracket to come off the risers for the sissy bar.

·
Registered
2,676 Posts
Well I am in the process of adding an older voyager trunk too. But mine doesn't have lighting. I am though, concidering some LED's maybe.

Yes I stole the idea from Nomadinator. Its out for paint now.

Mine came off an 85 model voyager. I had to fab up my own bracket to come off the risers for the sissy bar.

I can't take credit for the idea. I got it off of Gadget's Nomad Page and added a couple of "modifiers" to it.

Your bike will look great when it is done Pat! ;)

·
Live, Laugh, Ride
651 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
How did you guys find the Voyager trunks? Ebay? craigslist? Because I want to copy this idea too!! Looks great and its handy. I definitely want lights which if I find a good trunk I will have to add, I guess. I wuld rather have them already on it. Thanks for the help.

·
Registered
2,676 Posts
Yep, eBay.

I REALLY wanted an old Valkyrie Interstate trunk. The lines would just flow awesome with the Nomad bags. I thought the round tail lights looked sweet too. So too does the newer Venture trunks.

The price of the Valk trunk, complete and in good shape = :eek: :eek: :eek:

Venture trunk the same as above = :eek: :eek:

Seems that a lot of people selling the trunks on eBay now tear them all apart so you have to buy all the pieces. That stinks!

I was really impressed with the Venture trunk when I go it. Steel reinforcements that go along the entire bottom from hinge to tail light. Nice!

·
Registered
995 Posts
As mentioned above the Leatherlyke trunks are pretty good. I got mine new off e-Bay for $200. Holds a lot of stuff but won't hold two F/F helmets (at least the way I pack them).

1 - 20 of 25 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.