Kawasaki Motorcycle Forums banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
IBA#34418
6,332 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I rode my last miles today for the season. I went on a little 250 mile ride to break 10K miles in a season for the first time. Stumbled on a great road south of Zanesville. 284. The road would have been awesome if they pave it. The scenery would be awesome too if everything wasn't so bare. I did manage to snap some pics though.

see the 2 white specs?

Played with the 20X zoom.

I bet this was awesome with the fall colors

The road.

Coming home on 83

Now its time for the winter list. And man did it get long.

o Mount Trunk
o Replace Clutch/Throttle Cables
o Mount Heated Grips
o Rewire Cobra Lights
o Wire in 12V outlets in Trunk
o Mount Cruise Control
o Put on new rear tire
o Polish Wheels
o Install new battery
o Spark Plug change
o Oil Change
o Replace Chrome Trim on front fender
o Replace Lower bolts with metric Stainless
o Change brake fluid
o Steering head maintenacne
o Troubleshoot left turn signal

I am sure I am missing something. LOL

·
Super Moderator
10,874 Posts
Goat trail cruisin'- what a hoot! Congrats on the 10k, it's a great feeling isn't it? Especially up yonder your way where the season can be so much shorter than ours down here.

·
Novice Tank Roller
15,810 Posts
Speaking of which, how's plans coming for the Keys trip???

My buddy Paul went to Robbinsville yesterday. He called me to say it was a beautiful day. He may get wet on the way home tomorrow though. :)

·
Super Moderator
10,874 Posts
Speaking of which, how's plans coming for the Keys trip???

My buddy Paul went to Robbinsville yesterday. He called me to say it was a beautiful day. He may get wet on the way home tomorrow though. :)
Ah, yes, the Keys. It;s in the plans for early fall next year. No extra cash this time. Hoping for several others too:

Atlantic City via Delmarva in the spring & August WV BTK to start.

·
Back in the Saddle
6 Posts
My Ride began may 15th, the ground was white and a high of 7 Celsius. The last day that i rode was Oct 24th and it tried to snow. Since then we have had some afternoons of +8 Celsius Today it hit +14 Celsius . I can here bikes on the freeway. I did however put on 16810 Kilometers, 10506 miles

Attachments

·
Registered
1,197 Posts
aww come on never say last ride...supposed to be nice again this weekend from what i saw...........nice pics good luck on your list there buddy.....

·
IBA#34418
6,332 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
aww come on never say last ride...supposed to be nice again this weekend from what i saw...........nice pics good luck on your list there buddy.....
But i'll be working. I am 99 percent sure I am done for the year. Need to get to work on the bike. Need to put my new rear tire on too. LOL It has about 14K on it.

·
IBA#34418
6,332 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
My Ride began may 15th, the ground was white and a high of 7 Celsius. The last day that i rode was Oct 24th and it tried to snow. Since then we have had some afternoons of +8 Celsius Today it hit +14 Celsius . I can here bikes on the freeway. I did however put on 16810 Kilometers, 10506 miles
that's pretty darn quick. I did it in about 7 months of riding.

·
Super Moderator
10,874 Posts
But i'll be working. I am 99 percent sure I am done for the year. Need to get to work on the bike. Need to put my new rear tire on too. LOL It has about 14K on it.
Yeah, me too. I figure I'll not ride at all in January, lots of maintenance to be done: valve clearance check and adjustment which includes replacing the spark plugs and coolant, a throttle body sync and a cam chain tensioner inspection & maybe replacement; inspect & maybe replace a ground connector
that's been problematic on some bikes, new rear tire with drive unit clean & lube, etc., etc.

·
Swingin like a monkey
814 Posts
Congrats Pat! That's a solid riding season around here. See ya in the spring! :)

·
pagemastr
66 Posts
Pat - that looks like it was a nice ride from Ashland and a great way to end the riding season.
I am waiting on the snow to fly before I decide to store it for the winter. Brand new in the spring I am just over 11,600 for the season and 98% or so was in Ohio but I did get to all of the neighboring states.
This past weekend ride for me to Hocking Hills was likely my last ride for the season. I'll try to catch up with you next riding season for a ride or two! Have fun getting it ready for next year!

·
Registered
2,676 Posts
Excellent job Pat! :) You had a good summer this year, even though the weather at the beginning was pretty lousy.

Great pics there buddy!

Keep us posted on the trunk project. Then you too can have junk in your trunk!

;)

·
Registered
2,676 Posts
Pat - that looks like it was a nice ride from Ashland and a great way to end the riding season.
I am waiting on the snow to fly before I decide to store it for the winter. Brand new in the spring I am just over 11,600 for the season and 98% or so was in Ohio but I did get to all of the neighboring states.
This past weekend ride for me to Hocking Hills was likely my last ride for the season. I'll try to catch up with you next riding season for a ride or two! Have fun getting it ready for next year!
Good job page.

Yes, we will have to catch you next year for a spin or two. If you see a ride posted, just show up. Would be nice to meet you.

·
IBA#34418
6,332 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Congrats Pat! That's a solid riding season around here. See ya in the spring! :)
Yep have a good winter. If there is such a thing. LOL
Yeah it would be good to have ya along. I would say the vast majoirty of my riding was in Ohio, but I did spend a lot of time in WV. And a trip to Tenn. Hopefully next year I can make Red Lodge. We'll see.

Excellent job Pat! :) Keep us posted on the trunk project. Then you too can have junk in your trunk!

;)
LMAO. You aint right. LOL

·
Hoof Hearted?
717 Posts
...and the next 10k will be even better...

I'll keep rackin' up some miles for you down here in Sunnyland this winter....8)

1 - 19 of 19 Posts