Kawasaki Motorcycle Forums banner
1 - 20 of 36 Posts

·
guitar junkie
1,488 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
In the jungle the mighty jungle the vulcan sleeps tonight. OK, I'll stop singing . Last ride for the season today. We've had snow ,winds, heavy frost. Time for it to hibernate till May.
Maybe I'll sing the blues instead.

·
Test Pilot
2,916 Posts
It's not like that for all Canadians. Out in British Columbia they're hibernation time is quite short in comparison.
Here in Ontario Canada, our riding season is about from mid/end November to the end of March or beginning of April. However, that 4 or 5 months sometimes feels like 4 or 5 years.
Oh well, at least we don't have hurricanes, tornado's, earth quakes, and floods....I'll take the 4 seasons anytime over that. ;)

·
just cruzin by!
1,398 Posts
sorry to hear that!!! It was 80 today in missouri and at 9:00 tonight it is still 62.We are having some weird weather here in the midwest!

·
The 717
1,271 Posts
That's tough. Last year I put the bike away on Thanksgiving weekend. I'm not sure this year. I plan on getting a few more rides in over the next few days. It's supposed to be in the low 60s but I'm not trying to rub that in.

·
Registered
230 Posts
Every weekend I take what I think might be the last ride of the season. Tomorrow supposed to be in upper 60s, maybe 70. Even still, we get those odd 50-60 degrees in Dec-Feb. Gonna keep her gassed up and ready to go when they hit...

·
Super Moderator
11,113 Posts
I don't miss the 4 seasons at all! It'll be 74*F-ish today- riding somewhere for lunch. I'll have a few weeks of downtime this year, prolly all of Jan., for maintenance, but other than Stabil I don't winterize and can roll her out anytime.

·
Registered
153 Posts
Not all roses!

It's not all roses down here in Texas. We may get to ride all year long, but we pay for it in the summer with 95 degree days from June - August where it is too hot to ride after about 11 Am until after dark. It may be prefect in the spring and fall and warm enough to ride most days in the winter, but I actually hate the heat more than cold weather. I miss the snow, and one thing is when we are still riding in the winter there is no where to ride to except to stay in the southern part of the US.

·
The 717
1,271 Posts
It's not all roses down here in Texas. We may get to ride all year long, but we pay for it in the summer with 95 degree days from June - August where it is too hot to ride after about 11 Am until after dark. It may be prefect in the spring and fall and warm enough to ride most days in the winter, but I actually hate the heat more than cold weather. I miss the snow, and one thing is when we are still riding in the winter there is no where to ride to except to stay in the southern part of the US.
It sounds like some of the people in Florida are in the same boat as far as being too hot. It's still better than have 6 inches of snow on the ground though.

·
V2K Classic
242 Posts
Looks like a few more weeks of great riding weather here in eastern Tennessee.
I will be going on a Patriot guard ride today, one of our riders is shipping out to Afghanistan today, so we will give him a sendoff.:p

·
Back In Saddle
16 Posts
One last time?

Hello all.
Just joined forum this morn.
Got a good ride in yesterday. Going to get it out today and I think thats it.:frown:
Able to still ride in November in Alberta Canada is still pretty good.
6 degrees celsius here now with some sun. Good enough!!!
(where did I pack my snowmobile suit?) Hehe.
Rossco

·
guitar junkie
1,488 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
Hello all.
Just joined forum this morn.
Got a good ride in yesterday. Going to get it out today and I think thats it.:frown:
Able to still ride in November in Alberta Canada is still pretty good.
6 degrees celsius here now with some sun. Good enough!!!
(where did I pack my snowmobile suit?) Hehe.
Rossco
Welcome aboard. Good to have another Canuck here. I've seen Edmonton in November. If you can get a ride in this time of year, take it. And try not to freeze your eye balls as you're cruising down the highway. yuk yuk.

1 - 20 of 36 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.